Chapter 27

"You can do this, Klaus," Ben encourages. "Luther needs you."

Klaus sighs and groans. "I just... Oh, I just... Ugh. This is pointless. I... aah, I'm going home. I have to go home. I'm so dope sick," He says before chuckling. "You know I could just walk through you, right?"

"I'm well aware," Ben responds before Klaus walks through him.

"Ta-da!"

"But you need to keep trying," Ben says, making Klaus sigh. "Help Luther."

"He could be anywhere right now," Klaus groans. "Doing God knows what. You know what? This is probably a good thing. The big guy needs a life, and tonight, he's out experiencing the real world!"

"He's not ready for it," Ben argues.

"Well, who is?" Klaus asks. "Was I? Were you?" He asks before he realizes that he crossed a line. "I... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know you weren't ready to die violently at a young age. Oh, sobriety isn't easy. What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Klaus asks. "It's not my responsibility. I... I didn't sign up to save you or him."

"You're right. You didn't," Ben says. "But if you were in trouble, there is nothing in this world Luther wouldn't do to save your scrawny little junkie ass."

"Damn it."

Timeskip

"We should have taken him to a hospital," Allison said as Y/n carried an unconscious Five in her arms.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions," Five mutters, still tired.

"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins's attic."

"We need to get the goddamn shrapnel out. He's still losing blood," Y/n says.

Diego walks off, noticing their mother walking around as if she was fine.

"Diego, where are you going?"

"Mom?" Diego asks.

"Oh, hello, Diego, dear," She replies.

"What... How are you still... walking around?"

"One foot in front of the other," She says. "Why? How do you do it?"

Their mother came running in a few minutes later and Y/n felt her heart break when Five was taken out of her arms and upstairs.

Timeskip

"We've been to seven bars, three strip joints, and a laundromat," Klaus groans. "Luther's not here. Can we go home now?"

"Would he give up on you?" Ben asks as women laugh, walking past them.

"Uh..."

"That's the biggest hairy guy I have ever seen."

They enter the bar as the loud music blasted right into their ears.

"God, this is torture," Klaus groans.

"I can't hear you!" Ben says before they see Luther.

"Holy shit," The two say at once.

"Do you think he knows?"

"I don't think he cares."

"Come on."

"Luther! Luther! Brother! Ow!"

"Isn't this amazing?" Luther asks Klaus.

Luther was very obviously high.

"Yeah. We need to get you home. Come on," Klaus says.

"Home?" Luther asks. "This is my home now."