My locker

It was the first day and me and Jack had already managed to get an after school detention because someone snitched on me slapping him and he took some of the blame..i don't know why though.

I learnt there names after we sat with them at lunch. Jack was one the one who i slapped. Charlie was the who's shin i kicked and Liam was by far the funniest. Will tried out for the football team and was a natural. He got to play all games this season with a spot on the team, just like Liam, Jack and Charlie. Liam had a girlfriend, Shaya. Charlie wasn't single but it was 'complicated'. He's been on and off with this girl called caitlin because he keeps cheating on her. Caitlin and Shaya sat with us at lunch and I immediately became friends with them. Jack wasn't with us at lunch, coach needed to see him but Charlie gave him the details for tonight. We decided to order pizza and beer. Everyone would crash at our house.

Last period of the day i decided to ditch. I went to my locker surprised to see jack also ditching. "that's my locker" i said to him.
"mines next to yours" he winked at me as i rolled my eyes. now i get why he was standing near me earlier, i regret slapping him
"why are you skipping" his stare went straight through me
"because i can" i slammed my locker shut.
"can we skip together, get food or something?" i raised my eyebrow at him when he asked me.
"nope" i said climbing in Will's jeep.
"please you need to come back for practice anyways to watch Will"
"get in and put some good music on" i sighed

We drove to a diner and ordered food. We didn't speak, just made a few glances at each other, chilled on our phones and ate. It was silent. A comfortable silence though. Not awkward.

We drove back to school and i headed to the bleachers whilst jack went to the locker room. in the car, toby rang me. we spoke briefly as i told him to call me later as i had a 'friend' in the car. Didn't want jack knowing all my problems i left back in London. He already heard enough when toby mentioned weed. Jack tensed up when toby called me sweetheart and asked me if i had found a dealer in california.

Practice was over and Will asked me where i went as i missed History. I told him everything and how jack forced me to take him with me. He laughed and checked his phone.

"Ruby?" i asked knowing the answer
"Toby too" he nodded
"south london's in the past, we need to ignore them"
"oh it's a british accent" jack said to charlie and liam
"Ohhh" they said in sync
"dumbass" Will rolled his eyes