Rainy Days

It had been around 40 minutes and a homeless guy had come up to me demanding for money. I told him i don't have any on me and he punched me in the stomach. I felt like throwing up, i needed jack.

5 minutes later, jack was here and ran out of the car when he saw me laying on the floor crying holding my stomach. I was soaked and cold laying in the middle of an empty parking lot.
"Brooklyn, what happened" he asked as he carried me to car. I didn't let go of him, he put me in the passenger seat and i didn't loosen my grip, i felt safe with him.
"come on bronx, let go, we need to get back to yours and get you warmed up" he whispered. i slowly relaxed my hands and put my seatbelt on. he shut the door and ran to the other side of the car taking his jacket off and handing it to me. His hair was wet and messy, it was so attractive.

"i don't want to talk about it" i mumbled
"your in pain, did he hit you?" jack asked
"Hell no, i slapped him, another homeless man asked for money and i told him i didn't have any. He punched me after that, but i don't want to talk about it" i frowned at him.
"put my jacket on you'll get cold" he placed my hand on the gear stick and rested his on top of mine.

The car journey wasn't awkward but it was silent. Like the first time we skipped class together, it was a comfortable silence. We got to my house and got out the car. he dangled his arm over my shoulder like i was a arm rest. I don't know why i felt safe with him but i just did.

"go take a shower, princess" he nodded.
"you can stay here tonight, it's late." i replied
"are you sure your just saying that because you'll miss me" he smirked
"dickhead" i giggled
"i'll order postmates for us bronx" he yelled as i was already half way up the stairs.

After my shower, i came down to Jack watching netflix and the door bell ringing.
"i'll get it" i shouted to jack. As i opened it, i was shocked to see Luke stood outside my door.
"who is it bronx" jack yelled from the couch.
"it's erm, nobody" i said as i luke up and down.
"what do you want Luke" i whispered, careful not let Jack here but before i could react, Jacks fist collided with Luke's jaw and there was a full on fist fight outside my house. i had to step in between them as it was the only way to split them up.
"Jack go back inside, Luke leave" i yelled.
"Brooke wa-" i cut him off before he said anything else and slammed the door on his face.