25

The alphas sat at the desk both in a deep discussion about what should be done next, when Elara knocked on the door.

"I had a dream last night," Elara knew she was being rude to her Alpha by just barging in and speaking first without being greeted, but right now, she couldn't bring herself to care. It wasn't necessarily excitement coursing through her, but it was something similar. Something that gave her hope that this whole thing can be over and behind them soon.

"Good Morning to you too, Elara," Alpha Gabriel chuckles, showing no signs of feeling disrespected as he turns to face her fully.

"Apologies, Alpha," Elara bows her head in respect to the two men but her excitement is barely contained, "I dreamt of the Goddess last night again, and have new informa-"

"Elara," Alpha Rafael puts a hand up indicating that she should stop talking, "Alpha Gabriel and I have been talking. Please sit," He stands and pulls out a chair for her, gesturing for her to take the seat.

"Okay," unease moves through her body as she looks between the two Alphas, "Have I done something wrong?" 

"No, Elara. We just have been talking about this situation," Alpha Gabriel says, before looking at Rafael as if to make sure they're still on the same page, "and the Goddess," 

"Kamaria?" Elara snaps her head to the doorway where Ki's voice came from to see him, Everett, and Grace walking into the room. Ki's eyes instantly went to hers and she can't help but offer him a small smile.

"I dreamt of her last night," her voice is soft and a part of her aches when she sees his entire face light up at the words. He moves quickly to kneel in front of her, never once breaking eye contact. 

"Did you tell her that I coming for her?"He says urgently, his hands on the sides of the chair. 

Elara tries to keeps to keep her expression the same but fails. Her smile dips and as much as she hates it, she can see the exact moment Ki knows he won't like the answer she's about to give. 

"Yes," she fiddles her hands in her lap, her eyes dropping to watch her fingers twirl between each other, "I told her but she was angry. She wants you to be free,"

A strange look passed over Ki's face, a mix between complete adoration and complete anger. He quickly stands, turning his head away, hiding his face from view as he runs his hands over his face. 

"Stubborn woman," she hears him mutter.

Elara wants to say something to him, to make him understand where Kamaria is coming from, but she can't find the right words. Elara can more than understand the willingness to do anything, even staying alone in the sky if it means that her love is free. Elara would make the same choice one thousand times over. That doesn't mean, however, that they are going to just give up.

So instead of giving him Kamaria's reasons, she continues with what she was saying.

"But she knew how Ki got out and that gave me an idea how to get her out. But she won't be happy and if we fail...." she lets her words hang in the air, feeling the tenseness of the room.

Silence surrounds them as everyone thinks over her words, some avoiding eye contact while others seem to be having silent conversations. The stakes are high, Elara knows this, but she can't help but worry about the consequences of any choice they may make.

Ki turns around slowly to face them, his eyes flitting around the room as he grows more agitated as the seconds' tick by with the silence.

"If we fail, at least we tried," Ki says, his voice like thunder as he crosses his arms over his chest, staring down anyone who dares look at him.