23

Everyone in the room turns to look at Elara, including Everett. Once he turns, she's given full view of a very familiar pair of honey eyes and dark hair.

The memories flip through her mind like a movie only she had seen and the star of that movie - was staring at her from behind a confused wall of wolves.

"That's your name- Kiron?" Elara takes a step towards him, moving past Everett, completely ignoring his stare.

"Where am I?" Ki askes hesitantly, looking from Elara to the other wolves. He kept staring at Elara trying to figure out if he knew her, and although she seemed familiar, he was coming up with nothing.

"You're in the Lunar Crest pack," Alpha Gabriel tries to stop Elara from getting any closer to this stranger, but can't seem to get a grip on her.

Confusion sweeps across Ki's face as he takes in the Alpha's words.  His hand reaches up, running through his dark hair in frustration. None of this is making sense to him, none of it is familiar. Even the words they're using are different. Lunar Crest pack?

Elara takes a final step towards Ki, her eyes sympathetic.

"You're with the mortals," her voice whispered but even she knew everyone had heard.

Ki recoiled as if he'd been slapped, his eyes wide as he looked at the strange woman before him.

Mortals? No, that's not right. That can't be right! he thought, his lips mumbling incoherent words to the room. His hands fisted together as he pushed them against his forehead.

He fought to remember how he got here. It seemed like just moments ago he had been with Kamaria talking about running away to the mortal world. They had the plans made, they needed to pack, but there was something, some block at the back of his mind as he tries to fill in the rest.

The room is silent, the men all stare at Elara and this strange man, Kiron, as he tugs at his hair, nearly certain that this is some sort of cruel trick.

"No, no, we were on Olympus... We had talked -" Ki's voice trailed off as he stared at Elara.

"Sethos," Elara had barely gotten the name out of her mouth when Ki reacted.

The sound that came from his lips was guttural as his hand flew to his chest, gripping it tightly as he fell back into the wall. Elara's heart breaks watching him and her hands reach out to try and find some way to comfort him.

"Careful, Elara," Everett appeared beside her, but she refused to let herself be pushed behind him again.

"Elara, what is -" Alpha Rafael was interrupted by a strangled sob that filled the room. All eyes returned to Kiron who was panting, eyes unfocused, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I don't know how to explain. I guess it starts with Kamaria -" Elara started but the second the name left her lips, Ki interrupted.

"Kamaria," his honey eyes turned to fire, two small suns dancing behind the irises as he stood in one motion, his hands grabbing Elara's shoulders, "Where is she!?"

"Let go of her," Everett growled, his hands clasping Ki's wrist in a vice grip. But Ki just looked at his hand like it was nothing more than a bug upon the skin.

"Why are you hiding her?! We've done nothing wrong!" Ki threw Everett's hand from him with ease, readying himself to fight.

Guards rushed forward trying to subdue him but Kiron wasn't going to be stopped. He tossed the guards away with little effort, one after another until even the Alpha's were trying to calm him down.

It was chaos, the sounds of fighting, grunts of pain, and the smell of blood filled her senses. Through it all, Ki stood there like an avenging angel, the fire in his eyes growing stronger.

"Stop! Stop!" Elara begged, rushing to get between them, to help Ki and the others understand, even though she herself was still confused, not only about what's happening but about how Ki got here.

"She's not here!" She shouted and Ki's eyes snapped to hers, "she's not here," her voice softer this time, sympathy leaking through her tone.

"And why should I believe you!?" He roared.

"She showed me the gift, your stars. One for every moment you thought of her. A little light for her world of darkness," she watched as Ki's eyes dimmed, the fire slowly going out.

"Where is she?" Ki's voice broke as he stared at her in defeat.

"I'll show you. I'll show all of you," her eyes met the wary eyes of her brother, her Alpha, and all the rest.

She turned and led them from the cell, her mind racing with everything she knew and everything she needed to tell them. Where should she even start? The dreams that she's been having - will they think she has gone crazy or will Ki be the proof she needs.

Her eyes slide to him, his hand idly rubbing his chest over his heart, and she wonders if he even realizes he's doing it.

The crisp night air fills her lungs as soon as she steps outside, a small shudder traveling down her spine. She turns, heart beating rapidly in her chest as she takes in the frightened look on Ki's face.

"Ki," she sighs, wondering if she should try and jog his memory or just rip off the band-aid. Her eyes move up to the moon while she's debating and with that small movement, the choice was made.

Everyone follows her glance, looking to the moon that is nearly full in the dark sky. For a moment, Elara wonders if Kamaria can see them, see Ki standing next to her on the ground. But the thought is short-lived with the agonizing cry that comes from Ki.

He dropped to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks with his hands in his hair again as he screams and calls for his love. Elara can't hold back the tears as she watches, her hand covering her mouth as she leans against her brother.

"This is going to sound crazy," and just like that, with Ki crying on his knees for his lost love in the sky, Elara tells Everett and the Alpha's everything.