4

Elara was almost certain that the Alpha hadn't moved at all since she was in his office hours ago.

"Elara, relax. You aren't in trouble or anything," the Alpha rounded the desk, leaning up against the solid oak piece. 

She noticed he did this when he wanted to seem less intimidating, but she wasn't quite sure it worked. He was still a powerful man, and that power radiated off him just as the Moon Goddess had meant it to. 

The Alpha sucked in a deep breath before opening his mouth to speak.

"Elara, are you the only one who cleaned the guest house?" The question surprised her and the shock caused her to freeze momentarily. 

She didn't understand why the Alpha would ask such a question, but she nodded her head slowly anyway. 

It wasn't an option to not answer a question from the Alpha, even if it didn't make sense. Of course, she had been the only one who cleaned the guest house. She was the only one who the Alpha asked. 

The Alpha sucked in a deep breath, nodding his head slowly as his gaze traveled to the window. He's a difficult man to read and for whatever reason, he was lost in his thoughts, Elara couldn't even fathom a guess as to what she had done wrong. 

She ran through her entire routine, making sure she hadn't missed anything but she had checked everything off her mental checklist. 

Before Elara can truly begin to panic, a loud knock echoes through the room and the Alpha invites whoever it is in. 

A man stood in the doorway, jeans and a button-down shirt hugging his chest. Elara could feel the power radiating off of him as he approached the desk and she immediately dropped her gaze to the floor and stood in respect to the visiting Alpha. 

"Elara, this is Alpha Rafael of Blood Moon pack," the two Alpha's grip each other forearms in a sign of respect before turning to face Elara, "Rafael this is Elara Chandler." 

Elara knew better than to risk a glance, but the temptation was there. The power this Alpha had seemed even greater than her own Alpha's and that was saying something. 

"Nice to meet you, Elara." The Alpha voice was deeper than she had expected and rumbled in his chest as he moved to stand in front of her. 

She was shaking, she knew, and she was trying to make it as inconspicuous as possible but nothing was working. For some reason, she was stood in front of two Alpha males and it terrified her. 

Her mouth opened and closed as she tried to speak but nothing came out, just a high pitched squeak that even had her questioning what it was. Finally, she gave up on smiling and just nodded her head in agreement, staring at his black vans as if they were the most fascinating thing in the world. 

"Alpha Rafael has asked to meet with the maid who organized the guesthouse. It seems one of his men thinks he scented his mate." Elara's eyes went wide at her Alpha's words. 

Mate.  Elara knew what that meant but for some reason, the words didn't make sense in her head. She hadn't expected to be called to the Alpha's office for this. Truthfully, she still wasn't sure what she expected but being scented in a guest house by a potential mate wasn't it.

She had always imagined that she would meet her mate in the human territory. She and Grace would be shopping or something and her mate would see Elara from across the street like it was some kind of romance novel. He would come racing towards her, dodging cars and other people while never taking his eyes off of her. 

He would approach her with caution but lovingly drag his knuckles down her face as he told her exactly who he was. 

It was a fanciful thought, she'd admit, but one that played in her daydreams many times. She had imagined what he had looked like, what he would be like but at this moment, none of that came to her mind. 

Because now he's real,  she told herself. 

"He is more than just one of my men. He is my best wolf. Hell if Sam ever decided to leave the Beta position, I would only have Bennett take his place." She could hear the pride in the Alpha's voice as he spoke of this wolf. 

Her alleged mate. Bennett. 

The name alone has a pleasurable shiver moving down Elara's spine. Warm tendrils of anticipation moved through her veins but it is quickly replaced with ice-cold panic. 

If this Bennett is her mate, he'll want her to go back to Blood Moon with him. That's how it works, the female always goes with the male back to their pack. But everything Elara has ever known, the only family she has left, is here in Lunar Crest pack. 

Everett. She could leave him alone. Sure, he has Grace but Everett needed Elara too, just as Elara needed the both of them. 

Tears began to well in her eyes despite her attempts to keep them back. Her heart feeling like it will break from how hard it's pounding in her chest and she hasn't even talked to this man. For all Elara knows, this can all just be some misunderstanding. 

"This is a lot to take in, especially considering the time of year, which is why I informed Alpha Rafael to have him stay away until we say. But Elara," Alpha Gabriel gently pressed his fingers to her chin, drawing her attention to him as if she were a small child. 

And that's exactly how she felt with how both of these Alpha's were currently looking at her. 

"He isn't far. We can't keep him away forever if he is your mate. So would you like to meet him? Find out for sure?" His voice is soft and Elara knows that she should meet him. That she has to meet him. 

But a commotion outside the door captured everyone's attention. Both Alpha's move to stand in front of Elara, ready to defend her from whatever is happening. 

Shouting can be heard, muffled over the soundproofing which is saying something, before banging on the walls has Elara's brows furrow in confusion. 

But she doesn't have to think long before the door flies open revealing Everett. 

His chest rises and falls rapidly and the look in his eye is absolutely feral as he appraises the situation before landing on Elara. Relief is evident on his face as he approaches her, his voice speaking angrily at the Alphas. 

"I come to check on Elara and get nearly beat by these men out there! What's going on in here and why wasn't I made aware?" Everett's eyes shift wildly between the Alpha's before moving towards me, "Whatever this is, if it concerns her, it concerns me!" 

Elara wants to chastise him for yelling at the Alpha. Future Beta or not, that isn't acceptable but the thought quickly dies on her lips as her eyes connect with the man who entered the room frantically growling after Everett. 

Soulful brown eyes stare back at her as if she was the only thing on this earth, and even though she knew there were others in the room with them, he was sure as hell all she could see.

Light brown hair quiffed perfectly on his head and a five'o'clock shadow the outlined his chiseled jaw so well that Elara's palm was itching to feel. He was easily a few inches taller than her 5'7 frame and she could easily trace his muscles through the fabric of the grey shirt that clung to him. 

"Mate" his voice sent a shiver through her body and had her wolf purring in her mind. 

Elara wasn't sure when she had started walking towards him or what the voices around her were saying, but she didn't care. 

The moment he lifted his hand and cupped her cheek gently, everything disappeared. The sparks were unlike anything either of them had ever felt before and Elara couldn't focus on the fear she had exhibited moments ago. 

Her mate was here and Elara had never felt this whole in her life.

<3 <3 <3 <3 

Hello Beautiful readers!!! 

So I was thinking about Nick Bateman as a visual for Bennett. Thoughts?