Fights, Argues, And Beaches

"Mark?" I had squinted my eyes trying to see if it was the person who I had I thought it was. No, it wasn't a nightmare, and no, my eyes were not deceiving me. I can't believe this man is sitting in my apartment, after he had the nerve to cheat on me then show up here a month later sitting on my bed like were okay.

"Odette is everything alright?" I hear Breana shout from the living room.

"Yeah, uhm just wait on the settee I'll be there in a minute!"

"Why the fuck are you here? It's 1:30 am why the fuck are you here" I ask confused, and angry. Maybe it's just the alcohol getting to my head. Maybe it's just an affect from my drunken state.

"I just needed to see you." He slurred looking to the floor. I know this bitch isn't high in my apartment after cheating on me.

"How the fuck did you even get in?" I ask before he looked at me then fumbled around in his pocket

"Answer mark. How the fuck did you get in?" I seethed through my teeth. Him out of all people. Him.

After two minutes of him fumbling in his pocket he pulled out a key. The spare key I had given to him when we were dating. as he lowered his head in shame i snatched it out of his hand, so he had no possibility of getting in again.

"Mark. Tell me, how do you manage to get high as fuck, come to MY apartment after WE broke up a month ago after YOU cheated, and have the audacity to sit on MY bed? And I don't want to hear some bullshit excuse that you miss me because you and me both know that if you truly were going to miss me you would have never fucked that bitch while I was gone. three years mark. THREE YEARS! And you decided having a one-night stand with some whore that you found off the street was better than losing your relationship with your girlfriend whom you apparently 'loved' so to cut the bullshit. Why the fuck are you here?" I raised my voice. Tears threatening to burn out of my eyes.

"She wasn't just some whore off the street god" he winced.

"doesn't make it any fucking better" 

"Honestly Odette I uhm... I have no idea why I'm here. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you-" he tried to finish but I wouldn't let him I've had enough.

"Mark, I told you not to bullshit me and look what you're doing. High as fuck, and you're probably not going to remember anything we talked about or how you came to my apartment saying you're sorry. You're not sorry. We both know it. So, stop lying to yourself and leave. I never want to see you again." I said crossing my arms and leaning against the door frame.

"Your keys are on the counter. Make sure to be quiet on your way out." I peer in the living room.  "Breana fell asleep on the settee. You know where the door is." I stated with no emotion in my voice and a pissed off face. I didn't want to hear it anymore. I didn't want to see him. I wanted to be alone, left with my own thoughts to process. I missed the relief I had felt when I had left him that day at the corner coffee shop. the joy I endured knowing I was not going to see him again. that I would not have lay my eyes upon his. but it was over now. I wanted him gone once more. i was aching and yearning for the relief that comes at the end.

"Odette-" he tried to talk again.

"Mark Leave. Now. I'm done with you. Your so blind that you thought I would forgive you? That makes you sound even more dumb than you lead on to be." Scoffing I move out of the door so he can get passed. And with that I heard the front door open then shut.

I made my way to the settee and woke Breana so that she can sleep in her bed so her back wouldn't be aching tomorrow. As soon as she hit the bed she passed out. I went to the bathroom and cleansed my face and brushed my teeth to take away any alcoholic beverage taste. I looked into the mirror and then rested my elbows on the sinks counter. How could I be so naive.