My Baby

"Hello?... yes, this is her... oh my god really! I mean yeah, uh yes that would be great." I tried not to sound too eager, but my voice was digging in and couldn't get enough. "Okay thank you so much bye!" I had just gotten a phone call about a publisher who was interested in my book and wanted to schedule a meeting.

I've been trying to write books for a few months now, as my last career failed me terribly. I was finally getting somewhere. I realized that once you find passion in a Career that's all you need to keep going. and pushing.

I was sitting in my home office tapping my pen again the empty paper, hoping my brain would start flowing sooner or later with different ideas or my views on life. But nothing came to mind. I mentally cursed at myself and stared out the window some more. A publisher wants to see Me.

Breana and I had made plans to go out for coffee and maybe some clothes shopping. I haven't seen the group since Christmas, I had gone to Tennessee to visit my mother for New Years. I don't think a specific someone would want to see me after what happened. I called him out on his bullshit. maybe I shouldn't have. that's what caring does for you. you think your off best showing someone the lengths you'd go for them. just for them to sweep the dust under the rug. My mind has been stuck on what he needed to tell me, before Arielle had arrived. 

It was now February fourth; I had no interest in seeing Alex. Things didn't end well last time I had talked to him, but of course while I'm on my social media I see a new update every now and then with the heading that's very similar each time saying something along the lines of 'Arctic monkeys' front man, Alex Turner seen out with his new girlfriend, social media influencer Arielle Vandenberg'

I'm happy for him of course, but is this really what he wants? He told me he feels so lonely, but it is getting into a relationship you know you're not ready for a way to solve it. I felt a vibrating sensation come from on top of my desk.

"Odette, girl are you coming? I've been here for five minutes..." Breana's voice rang through. Oh my god I completely forgot and must have gotten my dates wrong.

"Fuck I am so sorry I got the dates mixed up..." I attempt to scramble up from my desk and softy run to my bathroom. I could hear her sigh on the other end. "I look like complete shit right now; do you mind if I get ready and we can just hang out at yours or mine today?" I was chewing the inside of my cheek waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, that'll actually work out perfectly Matt's out with the boys shopping for an event coming up so you can come over and I can make us sandwiches?"

"Sounds perfect!"

I got ready to go over to matt and Breas place. I curled my hair, put on some concealer to hide to the fact that bags were starting to form from staying up late Infront of an electronic device that would suck you into the whirlpool of stupidity and nonsense. I then contour my nose and add the tiniest bit of highlighter, for a final touch I add my fake lashes.

I get in my car and decide to not listen to any music this time, I wanted to have my mind flowing and give an empty space for things to give me ideas. I arrived at the house and since it was like a second home, I didn't feel obligated to knock. As I stepped in the smell of fries instantly fills my nose.

I snuck up behind Brea just enough to whisper but not close enough for her to feel my presence "I thought you said we were eating sandwiches" she instantly jumped and groaned

"ODETTE... WHY... THE... FUCK... WOULD... YOU... DO... THAT!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A MURDERER!" she yelped in between hitting my shoulder as I laughed. "And answering your question I was already out so this was the simple option."