New York

I sat on the floor in front of my body length mirror in my bedroom and started to apply my mascara. It was the day that Alex and I head to New York City to meet with the publishers and to introduce Al to my sister Théa. It was march fourth now; Alex had limited time before he would have to go back on tour from break

"Hey Al when your done brushing your teeth can you please grab my curling iron and place it in my suitcase." Alex had spent the night at mine yesterday to make our trip to the airport more convenient.

"Yeah, here it is!" He waves it around in the mirrors image to easily show he's got it packed.

"You da best" I giggle as he leans down and kisses my cheek.

I push myself off the ground gathering all my makeup items and stuffing them back into the bag. "I'm ready!" I call to Alex who was in the kitchen getting us water bottles for the car ride.

"Okay me-too darlin' I just need to get my shoes on, where's Yer bag? I'll carry it to the car for Ya" he offers while shoving the two bottles in my purse.

"It's upstairs, I'll go call a cab!" We decided to take a cab to the airport instead of leaving either one of ours cars in the airport parking lot all week.

Once the cab got here Al opened the door for me then went to go help the driver load our luggage. I sat in the middle seat and rested my head on his shoulder as his arm was wrapped around me holding me tight. My eyes study the view from the window, it had only turned 5 am and it was oddly foggy out with the sun still down, the sky gloomy, leaving Los Angeles engulfed in a thick layer of blurriness.

"What on Yer mind love?" Alex whispers into my ear while tucking a strand of hair that had fallen onto my face behind my ear.

"I don't know I'm just nervous to talk with the publisher. What if they don't like the book?" I sigh now look back into Alex's eyes.

"Odette, darlin' if they didn't like it, they wouldn't have called to work with you" he gives a reassuring look and places a kiss on my forehead before leaning his head back on the seat, making his Adam's apple visible.

Shortly after him I closed my eyes as well, trying to get some rest before being in the rush of the airport trying to get through security and what not.

Once we arrived Alex woke me up softly by whispering in my ear and tapping me on the shoulder. While I got my purse and my phone, he helped the cab driver with the luggage before paying him and tipping the man a generous amount. We quickly hurried into the airport; we printed our tickets then had our luggage checked. After we made it through security we had to rush to our gate because we were already running late.

"This way I think?" Alex said pointing to towards terminal three. To which I nodded my head and gestured him to lead the way. He reached back and held my hand behind him as he found where we board.

Once on the plane Alex rested his head on my shoulder whilst I was listening to music through my earbud.

"Whatcha listenin too?" He asks peering at my phone trying to see.

"Call it fate, call it karma by the strokes" I smile and hand him an earbud.

"Before me and the lads started the band, I would always dream about being one of the strokes" he laughs at the old thought and puts the earbud in while shutting his eyes again.

The flight was long but not too bad for five and a half hours. Alex and I slept for most of it that is until a young boy came up to Alex with a pen and paper to get an autograph which he wasn't mad about it at all. Alex loves his fans, he appreciates them.

After we landed, we made our way through the John F. Kennedy International Airport and went to baggage claim.

"Alex right there! Grab it!" I laugh while al is running around the carrousel trying to grab his bag that had now gone by twice with us not being quick enough to notice it. He came back into sight holding up his bag in his right hand while giving a thumbs up with his left grinning. We got a couple of dirty glares from others trying to gather their things. great welcoming New York. I love you already.

After calling our cab we waited inside by the doors not wanting to be surrounded by paparazzi for seven minutes until the driver gets here. New York absolutely adores the lads for some reason. As Alex got the call, we held our breaths and walked out, flashing lights were blinding us as the crowd got closer. I grabbed Alex's hand; my anxiety was kicking in and I didn't take my pills this morning. Alex noticed I was off and wrapped his arm around my waist and with his other hand he was trying to fan the people away.

Alex stopped walking and faced the people who were holding they're cameras "I'm sorry We are not answering any questions today, please respect that and let us leave." The flashes stopped and most of the group understood and backed off. Others did not, they didn't care. We made them money. People like that don't respect privacy. They turn your life into money. Once we were into the car I rested my head on the window steadying my breathe, while looking at buildings towering over us.

"Do ya mind love? I'm going to get some kip before we get there" Alex asks pointing to my lap signaling he wants to rest his head. I nod and move my bag down to my feet leaving room for him to scoot over and rest his head. I would run my fingers through his hair once in a while whilst I look out the window.

"Hey al it's time to get up we're here" I say lightly tapping his shoulder as his eyes struggle to flutter open.

Once we had gotten to the hotel we got situated in our room. there was a mini kitchenette with complementary food and drinks. Next to it was a nice bathroom with a big full shower that has a wide glass door... "lots of room for activities.." I mumble under my breathe snickering to my myself at the sleezy joke I had just made.

There was a nice tv surrounded by a decent sized settee and a coffee table with magazines stacked under it. The bed was placed in the corner by a big window with the nice view of New York city. I had gotten comfortable on the settee, taking off my shoes and opening a book.

"The raven? Wow didn't think that was in your interest love" Alex laughed while lifting up my legs to sit.

"I guess there's a lot you don't know about me Alexander." I flash him a smile while peering over the book. "Everyone has a dark side"

Alex shook his head trying to wipe his grin that had formed, he took his hands and rubbed them up and down my leg grazing my skin lightly, but sometimes squeezing my thigh a bit.

Now that he had my attention, I put down my book and stared at him. His features. The way his jawline sharpened when closing his mouth. How his eyelashes fluttered every time his eyes landed on something new to examine. The thing about Alex is he likes to take in every moment, to examine everything, to cherish the times he loves most. And that's what I love about him.

Or did love that is. until the truth came out.