Drama In The Media

I awoke around 6 am from the hot curtains of sun pouring onto my face making my eyes flutter open. I feel a pair of arms hugged around my waist as I recall yesterday's activity's I smile at who is tangled in my bed sheets.

I rub my eyes and slightly turn around to see Alex sleeping peacefully, with his mouth slightly parted, his hair was product free and the only clothes he had on was my big sweatpants I had lend to him leaving his toned chest exposed for the sun to kiss his skin.

I hear my phone go off on my nightstand and groan internally still wanting more time in bed. Trying not to wake up al I slowly peel off his hands that were once holding me and place my feet on the hard floor stretching my arms above my head, I adjust the white tight cropped tank top and my light pink shorts before picking up the phone. My eyebrows knitted together as my eyes grew a bit wide. What the fuck?

*7 missed calls from Brea...

17 messages from Matt...

2 missed calls from Matt...

1 missed call from Katie...

23 messages from Brea...*

Just as I was about to wake up Alex to ask if anyone had contacted him, I got a group call from Katie and Breana. I stepped into my bathroom and closed the door.

"Hello? What happened? What's going on? Is everything alright?" I ask with worry as I put my phone on speaker so I could wash my face and freshen up.

"Odette, I think it's best if you check the articles, we sent you..." Katie sighed.

"Mhm" I hummed in response as I opened the messages from everyone and clicked on the first link Matt had sent me.

"I'm so sorry babe..." Brea said quietly.

'Front man Alex Turner seen with now confirmed mystery girl Odette Rhys having a night out in Los Angeles for dinner then Venice beach for a stroll. Could the rockstar be having an affair with this small upcoming poet. Influencer Arielle Vandenberg was last speculated to be dating Turner, but could this "home wrecker' be the reason why the pair haven't been seen out recently?'

I couldn't even get through the hole article. After I read the headlines, I put my hands over my face and let out an unsteady breath. That was just one of the many articles. Imagine what the others are saying.

"Alex told him and Arielle were never serious. I would never- I could never do that to someone... they're lying-" I went on until Katie interrupted.

"Shh hey hey, darling you don't need to explain yourself. The media is overreacting. They always blow things out of proportion." She tried comforting me, but it didn't really work.

"Odette?" A low raspy voice called from my room, and I went quiet. Fuck how is he going to react when he sees this?

"I um have to go..." I quietly thank them. they start asking if I'm alright to which I respond I'm fine. "I love you guys I'll talk to you later" I immediately hang up the phone and walking into my room before sitting on the end of my bed.

"What's wrong love what 'append?" Alex asks as he rests his chin on my shoulder, moving my hair to the side and kisses my neck.

"Check your phone." I say looking at the floor.

"Huh?" He lifts his head and looks at me.

"Just do it." I tell him plainly.

Alex goes downstairs where his phone was kept in his jacket, and I quietly follow him. As he's looking through his messages, he shakes his head. "Odette it's not true. You know that. Arielle and I aren't together. A few weeks ago, she told me about a new bird she met. Fuck baby I'm so sorry." He rushes over to me and pulled me in for a hug. My arms wrapped around his torso while he's stroking my hair.

"Alex I just started this new career. Do you know the kind of image this puts on me? For fucks sake I haven't even published my first book and the media already hates me." I feel a tear escape my eye.

"Love, we will get this sorted out okay. I'll call my manager up right now and have him on this." He wiped the tear that had fallen on my cheek and excused himself into another room to make the call.

What a fantastic way to start a relationship.

I reach for my phone that was now placed on the counter. It was ringing again. "Fuck" I muttered. "Hi dad."

"Odette wot the Fook are these articles?" He sternly asked. "A rockstar?! Ye don't know what drugs that scumbags on! He's probably shagging a new bird as we speak! Do ye know what image this puts on yer family's name?!" he exclaimed with his accent thick.

"Dad, you don't know him. He's not on any drugs, and he's actually it the room next to me as we speak! So don't talk to me like I don't know the man. I've been friends with him for almost a year now! Yes, he's in a band but you don't get to put that stereotype bullshit on him. The media has it all wrong. Alex and that other girl are just friends! Arielle has a boyfriend. Dad I'm sorry but you need to back off. I know what I'm getting myself self into and if something does go wrong, I have friends to help me out." I was kind of taken aback, I've never talked to my dad like that but for once he needed to be put in his place.

"Odette ye don't know 'im. He's untrustworthy." He seethed

"I don't know what you want me to say. I'm not arguing with you on this. I'm an adult now. I've been an adult for 7 years. I'm starting a big career that can take me really far in life. I have enough money to buy a house, just like I pay bills. I can manage myself. You don't get to decide who I date." I argue back being that I was fed up.

"Odette yer just a shag to him." He sighed.

I never expected out of all people my own father to say that to me. It's most definitely none of his business who I'm shagging.

"Dad, I love him, and he loves me. I know that for a fact. And dad if this doesn't work out so god help me, I'll tell you tell me how right you are but for now just trust me." I yell into the phone, running my hand through my hair before taking a deep breathe.

"Odette Belle. You have no idea what love is!" He snapped back at me. Who the fuck does he think he is to tell me I don't know what love is?

"Tell me dad why did you and mom get a divorce? Tell me why you didn't talk to your two daughters for three years until WE your ten-year-old and seven-year-old daughters had to fly over in a different country by ourselves because you caused mom so much pain, she couldn't see you and put you in check, so you didn't drink your life away. So, tell me dad, do you know what love is?" After a while he went silent. "I have to go dad. Have a lovely fucking night" I abruptly ended the call and sat down on my kitchen floor hugging my legs to my chest looking down at my freshly painted toenails.

I feel a cold pair of hands cup my cheek and tilt my face upwards so we're looking into each other's eyes. "Baby I 'eard the whole thing, love I am so sorry you don't deserve that, I'm sorry I've caused this mess." Alex's voice cracks making my heart break.

"Alex, you didn't do anything. I defended you because I can. I chose to do it, if that means I made my dad angry so be it. I'd rather defend you and get yelled at then sit here and let my dad talk shit. Soon he might come around to the idea, I mean that was a pretty bad first impression." I let out a forced laugh trying to make the situation a bit lighter.

"I love you" He states before crashing his lips with mine. God even when I'm so miserable sitting on the kitchen floor he still sees the best in me.

"And I love you Alexander"

*******

anyways a bit dramatic but the next upcoming chapters will be a bit smoother and chiller.