Body Electric

We sat by the fire in Helders back yard.. I liked to call Breana and Matt's house 'the Helders place' because I knew that some point in time they would get married eventually and Brea would take Matt's last name.

Alex took out his lighter "how 'bout ye say we light up these things and get stoned." he stated and to which we replied with 'yes please' and 'that sound fooking fantastic mate' from Matt.

"'ere ye go"Alex held out the joint to my mouth so I could take a hit.

I held it in for a couple of seconds before letting the smoke out and watching it rise into the air.

I smile softly and watch his features closely in the dim light bouncing from the fire. He eyes fluttering shut as he inhales the smoke running through his lungs.

  He raises an eyebrow and gives a cocky look "And wot do ye think yer laughin' at miss Rhys?" Whoops I must have been staring longer than I thought.

"Nothing!"

Brea and I sat by the pool with our feet dipped in the water laughing at something that I can't even recall what we were going on about. "Breana I'm telling you I think he's the one for me, I didn't even realize my feelings until today, like I didn't admit to my self that they were true. I mean I have always known about them you know."

"Mhm"

I cover my face and cringe at the such vague response "Oh god! I rambling again aren't I! Lord help me I have to stop doing that."

"No no... well.. eh... yes. But no.. I'm just really high odette I can't understand what the fuck is going on and why I'm by the pool mid February!" She puts a hand over her mouth and her eyes go wide. "why the fuck are we in the pool odette!" She slightly yells while shaking my shoulders and as a response I flip my head back historically laughing.

"I have no clue!" We both laugh together unable to move.

"Alex come get us! We have no idea what the fuck is going on!!" Brea yelled to the boys as I watch them both jog over to us to help us to our feet.

"Alex you look really beautiful right now you know that?" I smile and get all giddy before putting my arms around his neck.

"Thank ye darlin, c'mon lets get inside because I can't even remember why we're by the pool" he laughs as we waddle inside trying to find balance in each other. He sits me on the couch as Matt's flipping through the movies while over in the kitchen making something that smelt delicious.

After we ate we had a burst of energy and decided to dance around the living room. The boys moved the settees to the side so there would be more room for the activities to come.

"Alex come dance, don't just stand there" I pouted my lip out slightly, extending my  arms out and wiggling the tips of my fingers to signal him to join us. He strutted over, took a hand and spun me around.

"I'd rather watch ye dance love, I'm no good" He commented in my ear which made goose bumps rise. I smiled up at him and shook my head.

White noise by the living end came on and I instantly jolted up.

"Ay mate remember when these guys played at a couple of our gigs in 2009?" Alex smiled with a big grin and looked over to Matt.

"Yeah, I think I even put a clip of us singin' along to this song in one of our YouTube video series things." Matt turned up the volume on the stereo and started singing.

"Now here we stand
With our hearts in our hands
Squeezing out the lies
All that I hear
Is a message, unclear

What else is there to decide?

All that I'm hearing from you
Is White Noise,

white noise!

White Noise,

white noise!

All that I'm hearing from you
Is White Noise

white noise!

White Noise,

white noise!

White Noise..."

Alex and I collapsed on the floor text to each other and looked up at the ceiling gasping for breath... yes it sounds wrong, but we had just been dancing and singing our hearts out, nothing of the sort.

"I fucking love that song" I beamed turning to my side to look at alex who was still looking up at the ceiling seeing stars. I just got a simple 'mhm' from him which immediately made me think something was wrong. I'm an over thinker and it really shows sometimes.

I get up to my feet and offer my hand out and flash a soft smile to alex as he takes  my hand and I guide us out to Matt and Brea's rooftop that's meant to be a hang out spot and can be accessible by a foldable staircase, there was already a cushioned bench and a chair looking down to the beach. We both let out a huff as our bums hit the bench and we stare into nothing but the moonlight reflecting off of the water and the sound of waves crashing on the beach, we sit in comfortable silence.

I tried to look through alex as I was good with reading people but this time I got nothing but his emotionless expression as he looked upon the view. "What are you thinking about?"

He reached out for my hand then laid his eyes upon mine. "Life, I guess it could really take a turn ye know?"

"Yeah, fuck. I totally get that, but right now I'm in the best position I could possibly be in." I cooed.

"Why's that?"

"Because I finally have you."

As soon as those words left my mouth Alex stared at me for a moment before letting go of my hand quickly and grabbing me by the waist to pull me in closer as his lips crashed onto mine. Like how the waves crashed onto the sand, soft and then a little bit more intense. Once again that feeling of electricity filled my body. My body felt electric.

I pulled away grinning at how alex's lips were now puffy and red, red like how your lips would get stained from a cheery on a summer day.

"Ey stop laughin' at me, yer lips are the same or even worse than mine" he leaned in a pecked my nose. I bit my lip trying to hold back a stupid big smile. God this man has be wrapped around his finger.

I drove home that night exited as a kid in a candy shop, Alex had asked me out on a date tomorrow and of course I said yes. I was the happiest I had been in years, everything was falling into place, Or for now I suppose.