18. He probably wet himself

Amanda's POV

I groaned due to the light coming the windows. I slowly opened my eyes and shut it immediately. My head hurts. Really bad.

I successfully, after dozens of tries, got off the unfamiliar bed I found myself in. I scanned my surroundings and noticed I was in Joel's room.

What I'm I doing here?

I then remembered little bits of events that happened yesterday. I got drunk. I groaned loudly.

Joel's dad, Laura crying, Dianne...

Oh Dianne. I got her number yesterday and promised to talk to her. Now, I just need to remember where I wrote it down.

Well... I'll remember later. As I was thinking about all that happened yesterday and how I stupidly embarrassed myself, Joel walked into the room and startled me.

"Finally, you're awake. Do you know you drool and snore when you sleep?" He smirked before laughing out loud.

"I don't snore and I sure as hell do not drool." I crossed my arms and scowled at him.

"Oh really?" He tapped on his phone and showed my a video of me snoring, drool dripping down the corner of my lips.

"You were saying something about not snoring and drooling..." He teased. I smacked the back of his head.

"Owie. That hurt." He whined. I burst out laughing. "Owie? What are you? A child?" It was his time to scowl.

"Whatever. I need my shirt back." He pointed to the very large t-shirt I had on.

" If I give you this shirt, what will I wear?" I held the sleeves of the shirt tightly.

"You can borrow some of Jasmine's clothes. She won't mind." He made a move towards me and I stepped back, still holding the shirt tightly.

"Okay, but you have to take me home... safely."

"Yeah. I'll go get some clothes for you." He walked out the room as I walked to the bathroom. I'm sure I stink.

As I was showering, I heard the door to the room open, some shuffling, footsteps and the door again.

After a very long and relaxing shower, I wrapped a random, navy blue towel round me. I spotted a neat pile of folded clothes on the bed and the ones I wore yesterday.

On the bed was a baby pink hoodie and black sweatpants. I mentally thanked God that there were no dresses.

I put on the hoodie and it was really, really comfy. I really despise the color pink but this hoodie is an exception.

I got ready. My hair was a mess. This stupid, beautiful and very curly hair always counts as one of my biggest worries everyday. Luckily, I had a scrunchie with me so I packed it into a fuzzy bun.

I ran down the stairs and the smell of mouthwatering food led me to the kitchen. I found Laura in the kitchen cooking up a storm. I remembered what happened last night and felt sorry for her. I chose not to say a thing about it.

"Good morning Laura." She turned to me with a smile plastered on her face. I smiled back.

"Oh, morning Amanda." She hugged me. "You must be hungry. Just give me five minutes." I nodded in response.

Jace came in and pecked his Mom on the cheek. Jasmine came in to and repeated the same action of her brother.

After breakfast at the Reed's, I got my clothes then Joel and I were on our way to my home. We joked around throughout the ride.

As we got closer to our destination, I remembered my parents. They must be really worried. I hadn't checked my phone since I woke up because it was dead.

They'll probably give me the pep talk of my life or maybe ground me for the rest of my life. There's a very low chance of that happening. My parents have only grounded me twice in my life. I'm really lucky.

"My parents are surely at home so be prepared." I leaned back and turned to face him.

He visibly paled. "Uh..um, why didn't you say that minutes ago?" He asked as he was shocked and holding on to the steering wheel tightly.

"Uh... ' cause I just remembered a minute ago." I chuckled nervously.

He pulled up to my driveway and my parents rushed out, Duke, Danny and Penny followed suit.

I stepped out of the car and they engulfed me in a bear crushing hug. Joel stood away awkwardly so I decided to introduce him to my family.

"Mom, Dad, Penny, this is Joel. Joel my parents and Penny. You've met Duke and Danny already so..." I introduced, unsure of the reactions to come.

Mom hugs Joel and he awkwardly wraps his arms around her. My dad shook hands with him.

Joel looked really scared. I'm sure his almost wet himself.

Dad is trying to act intimidating but I'm sure he likes him.

My Mom invited him in. Joel went along with my siblings and my Mom.

He spent half of his day with us and my Dad was slowly warming up to him.

I suddenly remembered where I kept Dianne's number, in the pocket of my jeans. I mentally told myself I'll call her later.

As for now , I'm home and enjoying time with Joel and my family.