14. Food Argument

Joel's POV

Amanda and I are getting ready for our presentation. I'm really confident about this.

I'm waiting for Amanda at the parking lot when that dude... Austin, I think, came over to me.

The guy carries a weird and dangerous vibe with him and I've been told he's crazy over Amanda.

"Hey. You are that dude that Amanda is friends with, right?" He questions.

"Yeah. So?" I don't really get this guy.

"Do you happen to know where she is right now? I need to show her something."

"Something...uh. What do you want to show her exactly?" I don't trust this guy's intentions.

"How is that your business, huh?" He was starting to get pissed off slowly.

"It's my business. I'll be straightforward, I don't trust you." I said bluntly, keeping calm.

"I asked you before and I'll ask you for the fucking last time, Do you know where Amanda is?" Angry Austin is hilarious. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to refrain myself from laughing.

"I don't know and even if I have an idea on where she is, I won't tell you."

I can tell he was about to snap but before he could do whatever he wanted to do, Amanda came along with Aliya.

"Hey." Amanda waves before she takes in the tension at the moment. She looks at me then at Austin, his face showing anger and annoyance.

"What happened?" She asks. Austin's expression softens when he notices Amanda's presence.

Fake.

"Nothing really. Joel and I were just having a little chit chat. Nothing too serious." He explains then swings his arm over her shoulder but not before Amanda moves to my side causing him to stumble.

Aliya starts giggling before she bursts into laughter. I also found myself chuckling.

Austin regains his composure and clears his throat. "Um.. Amanda, do you mind if I show you something. In private."

"Nah nah. There's no way in hell that she is going anywhere with you." Aliya refuses and grabs Amanda's arm.

"Hey, hey . It's not like I'm gonna kidnap her or something."

"Really? Like that hasn't happened before." Aliya scoffs

Hold up. Wait, what?

I glance at Amanda and she looks like she just got punched on the gut.

"I think we should go now." Amanda suggests. She takes my arm. "Bye Aliya."

"Bye. See you tomorrow." Aliya walks out after she gives Austin a deadly glare.

Amanda and I walk silently to my car. Silence follows on the way to my house.

We entered my room and I can't handle the silence anymore.

"Aren't you gonna say something?"

"Say what exactly?" She asks confused but I know she's aware of what I'm talking about.

"The stuff Aliya said. The....kidnapping part."

"It's nothing too important actually. Just forget about it." She tries to wave it off but I'm persistent.

"It's not nothing. It's obviously something. When she said it, you looked like you saw a ghost at that moment."

"Like I said, it's nothing too serious. Let's get to work. The presentation is tomorrow and we need to get it right."

"Okay. Whatever you say. Although that doesn't mean I've forgotten about this."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." She rolls her eyes.

We go through everything we've learnt about each other. That didn't take time actually.

After all that, we laid down on my comfy bed looking at the blank ceiling.

"You hungry?"

"Yeah. I'm just gonna help myself to something in the kitchen." She leaves.

I'm still wondering about what Aliya said. Kidnapped? Amanda doesn't act like someone who has gone through that. She just so cheerful and happy.

And Austin, the weird ex boyfriend. Everyone at school is afraid of him. I wonder why. He always has this dude's behind him. It sounds like something from a movie. Bad boys and all that.

Amanda comes in with a tub of ice cream and a bag of chips. I'm quite hungry myself.

"Anything for my awesome self?" I reach out to take the chips but unfortunately, she aways my hand away. It hurts.

"Wow. That hurt."I pout as I rub my hand.

"It was meant to hurt. Get your own food."

"Whatever." I grumble. This girl is hard to deal with.

"Do you have any idea what you look like? She asks.

"Of course. I look hot and handsome. I know you want me. Every girl wants me."

"I wish. You look like Shrek and I don't want you." Shrek?

"I don't look like Shrek. Shrek is green, I'm not. I'm sure Shrek doesn't have a six pack like me." I lift up my shirt to prove my point.

I could tell she was shocked by that action of mine. I wiped the corner of her mouth.

"You got a little bit of drool there." I teased.

"I wasn't drooling." She argued.

"Of course you were. I don't blame you really. It's not everyday you see someone like me."

"Cocky Idiot." She grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Your cocky Idiot. I corrected then tapped the tip of her nose.

"Stop that. Lemme alone, I'm trying to eat here." She turned her attention to the chips and ice cream.

"I'm hungry." I whined. I feel like my stomach about to eat itself. "Just the chips. Please."

"Again. Get yo own food." She mumbles about lazy teenagers and food.

"Whatever."

I walk to the kitchen to get something to eat. I'm rummaging through the refrigerator. Orange juice, milk, chocolate Ice cream,leftover pizza. Pizza...hmm, that's okay for now.
I put it in the microwave, set the timer and wait patiently.

I'm still waiting...

And waiting....

Finally, I hear the ping sound. It's ready.

I carefully place the now steamy slices of pizza on the plate.

I'm on my way upstairs when.....

"Son..."

§§§§§§§

Hey😅

I'm back. Yippee.

I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated for the last month or so.

So here's this chapter✨

Any Ideas for the story??

~Judea💎❤️