11. Good Things Don't Come Easily

Amanda's POV

After the Joel incident, I made my way to my locker. I wasn't watching where I was going and I bumped into something.

Maybe the wall. Then I heard chuckling.

The wall doesn't chuckle.

I looked up and saw Theo, my friend from detention. Roman and Drew were behind him too.

"Oh. Hey." Theo greeted. I literally looked up to them with an embarrassed smile. Honestly, I need to watch where I'm going.

"Sup little one." Roman teased. Roman obviously finds it amusing that I, stupidly, I might add, bumped into Theo. Apparently, it's the funniest thing in the world.

"Hey." Drew recognized me.

"Hey, guys." I greeted back then glared at Roman. "Just so you know, I'm not little." Then I flipped him the bird.

He raises his hands in surrender. "Whatever makes you sleep at night."

"Where on earth have you been?! We've been looking for you everyw--" Aliya rushed up to me bit stops mid-sentence as looks at Drew, Roman and Theo. "Who are they?"

"Meet Roman, Theo and Drew. You guys, meet Aliya my best friend."

"Sup guys." Zane walked up to the group.

"The dull one has arrived. This is Zane." Aliya grande with an eye roll.

"Bleh. Yo Roman, what are you doing here?"

They do this weird bro hug that I'll never understand.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" I question them, surprised.

"Yup. He's the guy that helped me with the graffiti at the back of the school."

I turn to look at Roman. I'm shocked.

"You're into graffiti? Woah that's cool."

"Yeah. Also Theo and Drew."

Woah.

"Can I join you next time?"

"Sure."

Just then, the bell rang. I wanna go home.

=•=•=•=

Joel's POV

I can't wrap my head around what happened today. No one has ever talked to me like that. She surely has ovaries of steel.

"Is Amanda coming soon?" I look down at see Jacob.

"I don't think so."

"Why?" He asked curiously

"Reasons." I answered shortly. I don't want any of my family to know what went down.

"Jasmine! Mum! Jace! Joseph!" Jacob called out for them. Loudly, I might add.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I'm confused. What is he about to do?

They rushed into my room.

"What happened?" Jace asked.

"Joel and Amanda are arguing." The little shit pointed at me accusingly. How he figured it out, I have no idea.

"I didn't say that!" I lied immediately.

"How? When? Where? Why?" My mom asked frantically.

It's no secret that my family like Amanda like crazy. So I just decided to tell them everything. If I don't, I don't think I'll be left alone for a while.

I sighed heavily and then narrated the situation at hand. They all look at me with unreadable expressions. Then Jace speaks up.

"You're stupid." That was straightforward. His face was without emotion.

"I agree. You should not let anything that happened that day affect your friendship with her." Jasmine adds.

I looked at my mum for her opinion.

"I agree with them. She has been your only true friend since when you moved here. You need to make amends. Good things don't come easily."

I hate to admit it but they're right. I need to talk to her.

"I'll try."

"Good."

They all leave except Jasmine. She studies me for a while.

"You don't know what to say to her right?" She said with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms.

"What will I say to her?" I asked cluelessly. I might have sounded desperate at the moment but I had to make it work out.

"She looks like the down to earth type. You don't need roses or chocolate or some shit to apologize. Just be yourself."

"Thanks, sis." I make my way to her and hug her.

She gasps, shocked by the gesture and returns it. She and I don't really have that close brother-sister relationship.

"Anytime. Anytime you have girl problems, you can come to me." She said with a little smirk on her lips.

"I'm sure this will be the last time." I confidently replied. I really don't think I'll be having girl problems anytime soon.

"I wish." She rolls her eyes before she turned to go out

But she turns back. Then reminds me."Please don't mess up!"

"I won't." I assured her before she finally walked out.

Hopefully, I won't. I thought to myself.

°^°^^°^°^^°^

Hey 👋* hides in a corner 👀*
Sorry for the very late update. I've been busy with my exams and senior secondary school is hectic.

Amanda seems to be doing fine and Joel wants to make amends with her.

Amanda's life seems to be alright.......for now.

Love y'all
~Judea💙