1

Amanda's POV

"Oh shit"

No milk, why today of all days. I need to get to school ASAP because Aliya, my best friend, sent an SOS message this morning and she comes to school early, like really early which I think is abnormal for a teenager.

"Mom! There's no milk!"

But instead, my dad runs to the kitchen frantically asking why there is no milk like it's the end of the world or something.

"No milk?!"

I just stare at him but this isn't new. I have been living through this for 17 years. I have a very weird family if you ask me but they're still cool all the same.

As if on signal, my three little siblings, Duke, Danny and Penelope start running around the kitchen counter. Well, the twins, Duke and Danny are 6 years old and Penelope is 3 years old.

And lastly......

"Oh crap, I'm late"

"No cursing in front of the kids". My dad is really strict when it comes to that rule.

"Sorry"

"Mummy, what does crap mean?" Penelope being the curious one asks and my dad gives mom the look.

How will I explain......Bingo

" Uh Penelope, mummy meant to say crab, not crap and you know how much mummy loves crabs, right?" Well, that's a truth in a lie because my mom's obsessed with crabs and I think that's a disorder.

"Ok, Mandy" I furrow my brows because of the nickname.

"Mandy?"

"Yup Mandy, your new nickname for the week."

"Okay."
Every week, my little sister has a nickname for me. The one of last week was Armadillo because she just learnt the word recently.

Anyways, I have to go to school without breakfast or maybe I could get a drink from Starbucks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
I get to my locker and spot Aliya Wait for me and by the looks of it, she's mad and I'm scared because she's mad.

"AMANDA LYDIA REYNOLDS!!"

Oops

"Hey, I'm Soo so sorry I'm late, there was no milk for my cereal and you know how I am without my cereal and in addition to that, I overslept. I'll make it up to you but Oh gosh, how do I make it up to you? Perhaps I could buy tickets for the CNCO concert tickets we always wanted or I could- "

"Shut it, please." She finally puts an end to my ranting.

"Oh sorry. Yeah, so what was the SOS message about?"

"Ok then, there was a party at Dylan's house yesterday-"

"A party? On a Sunday? Who on this earth parties on a Sunday?"

"I do. Anyway, I met this guy named Zeke. Zeke Anderson and then....."

"And then.... go on" I start to persuade her.

"Well, he asked me out and I've not given him an answer, yet."

"So..."

"What should I do? Help me out please."

"Ok, I see. You just met him yesterday but the question is - do you like him?

"He's hot and nice and funny."

"I don't see why you shouldn't give him a chance but be careful."

"Okay Mom," she says while giving me an eye roll.

And then the worst sound of the day - the bell.

"Let's go, we have History and I don't want to be late and you know how Mr Thompson is."

Urgh, history, the worst subject in human history. Sometimes I wish I was living in the Bible times because I'll not have much history to cover but nooo, this is the 21st century and the adults say we must learn about how humanity has developed and some shit like that but I don't care actually.

Oh well off to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah so this is the first chapter and I'm sorry if it's not that interesting but I'm thinking of new ideas and if you have some, don't be afraid to ask.

Love y'all
~ Judea