Chapter 1

Jisoo's real father was the owner of BP IT corporations before he passed away due to a sudden plane crash while travelling back home. This left the blonde to live with only her step-mother and step-sister who suddenly started acting so cold towards her that it killed her slowly.

She's 17 now, attending the same school as her step-sister and can't wait for it to get over. She is pretty much a loner and the only friend she has is Lisa, also known as Lisa Manoban who is a tall beast and very protective over her.

They have been best friends since quite many years now and knew each better than anyone. Basically, Lisa was the only reason Jisoo was alive.

The crazy senseless beatings she got from her step-mother at nights were too hard for her to handle. What made it worse was that her step mother Dara, often told her sister Jennie to teach her lessons by beating her up for her.

At first, Jisoo thought that it would get better.. everything would stop eventually after the fresh pain of her father's loss is gone.. but it only got worse. The beatings got worse. At this stage, she had a whole first aid kit hidden in her closet of her room so she could tend to the wounds herself.

She knows.. that she should tell someone about her messed up family. She knows she should ask for help.. but her compassion and hope is too high.

First of all, she doesn't want her step-mother and step-sister to be interrogated.

Secondly, she doesn't want this to get socialise. It would only make her life tougher.

So, she does nothing.. the blonde only waits. She waits till she completes the next 2 years of school so she can go somewhere far away for college. Away from this all hell.

From cooking, to cleaning, to beatings, to studying everyday senselessly.. Jisoo had to do everything. Her days were hard but.. she still had hope. Hope for this all to be over one day so she can run somewhere far away.

Today was a normal Monday and Jisoo's alarm went off. She woke up at once, getting off the bed, switching off her alarm before she walked towards her cupboard to take out her school uniform. As it was almost the end of winters, she took out her jacket and skirt with black leggings, going into her washroom to get ready.

After undressing, Jisoo looked down and saw the fresh purple bruise on her thigh from last night and sighed.

"It'll take a week for this to go..," Jisoo muttered to herself before pulling up her leggings.

After this, she went downstairs and looked at the time. She hurriedly went to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast for her mom and sister. It was her routine now. Get up at 5:30 am, get ready, make breakfast and pack their lunches, go to school, come back and prepare dinner, study, get beaten up, tend to wounds, sleep. Repeat.

After laying down the breakfast, she washed the dirty dishes and jumped when she suddenly heard footsteps from behind. She immediately turned around and stopped whatever she was doing before going to the dining table to sit. Their house was big and pretty but not too expensive and enormous. It was decent and nice for 3 people to live in.

"G-Good morning," Jisoo bowed a little to her mother who had just entered and saw her sister coming in as well.

"Looks good," Dara said before sitting down on the table and starting to eat straight away.

Jisoo kept her gaze down and sat down opposite to her mother, last night's events neither discussed not given a fuck about. It had always been like this.

"I'll be late tonight.. make sure to prepare dinner and feed Jennie. I'll have food and come back," Dara informed.

"Okay," Jisoo nodded, sighing that at least today's night is safe from all the beating.

Here's the money for your lunch," Dara kept two 20 dollar bills on the table and stood up, picking up her bag.

"I'll see you girls later okay? " Dara smiled brightly, bending to kiss Jennie on the temple and coming towards Jisoo's side to kiss her on the head as well. The blonde flinched at the touch, keeping her eyes down at all costs.

What a show..

Jisoo thought, closing her eyes in relief when Dara went out the main door, leaving them alone.

When Jisoo saw Jennie getting up and picking up her 20 dollars and going towards the main door as well, she stood up and cleaned up the table and washed the dishes before making her way out of the house as

Well.

She slid the 20 dollars inside her pocket, knowing that she'll just spend a small part of it and save the other part for her college money.

Their school was just a few minutes walk from her house which she was grateful for. When she reached the entrance, she got a look of her sister who was surrounded by a few girls and guys, laughing cheerfully with them.

Jisoo looked down and walked across them, ignoring the looks her sister's friends gave her. She often heard phrases like

She's your step-sister?

Why's she so rude and anti-social?

You don't look related at all

Jisoo glanced up and gave her sister a brief look before making her way inside the school.

She hated her life.

Every part of it.