Chapter 5

TW

"Please~~why can't you stay over! We've been best friends since so long yet we've never had a night stay," Lisa whined, pinching the blonde's fluffy cheeks.

"I'm sorry..," Jisoo replied. As much as she wanted to stay over at her friend's house, she knows that she can't do that. Otherwise the next day she'll land into a hospital.

"Do you want me to talk to your mom? I'm sure she won't mind!" Lisa said, leaving the poor cheeks alone when they turned a bit red.

"No no! A-Actually mom is busy a lot and I have to cook these days.. s- so..," Jisoo said, scratching her nape due to the lies.

"Hmm.. okay but when she gets free I'll steal you for a few days from them. Okay? " Lisa said, hugging her friend tightly.

Jisoo hugged back and smiled, knowing that Lisa is the only person who loves her like family. Lisa is the only person she can talk to without flinching and fearing.

"My mom was asking about you," Lisa said, linking their hands as they walked back home together.

"l said you're still the same you," Lisa said in a teasing tone.

"B-But she last saw me 4 years back," Jisoo frowned, unlinking their hands due to the teasing.

"I meant the shy kind and pretty you," Lisa said immediately and forcefully held onto the blonde's arm.

Jisoo's cheeks flushed at the comment and she looked down with a smile. It felt good to be praised like this.

After they parted their ways and said goodbye, Jisoo went inside her house and did her normal routine.

After setting up the table and making dinner, she went upstairs to call her sister as their mother would be late.

"Unnie.. dinner's ready," Jisoo knocked on the door and waited for an 'okay' before going back down.

When she was joined by her sister, she sat down and started eating quietly. She rarely talked to the older girl.

"Was school fine?," Jennie asked like she always does.

"Yes..," Jisoo nodded while pausing for a few moments.

"You and Lisa.. you both are close?," Jennie asked, continuing to look down at her food. Now that she was paying attention to her sister's life, she was very curious about it.

Jisoo kept her spoon down and looked up to see what this question was about. She was never asked about her friends before.

"Yes," Jisoo softly replied.

"Do you guys hang out of school often?," Jennie asked further.

"Um.. to study," Jisoo said.

Jennie hummed and continued eating the rest of the meal in silence. She was sure that her sister was the most boring individual on the planet.

While Jisoo was cleaning the dishes and Jennie was watching television while sparing glances towards her sister in the kitchen, their main door clicked open and a very drunk Dara came in.

Jisoo's body tensed, praying that she doesn't get a scolding or beating tonight. But all her hopes are crashed when she heard her mother cursing and walking towards her in the kitchen.

"Where's the food?," Dara slurred while grabbing Jisoo's hair and pushing her on the ground below.

The blonde shivered, slowly backing away from her scary step mother. From the looks of it, Dara had a lot of alcohol like usual and was finding a way to take out her anger by hitting her step-daughter.