Chapter 8

"Come in!," Jennie said cheerfully before getting out of the way to let Lisa inside their house.

"Thanks unnie," Lisa smiled slightly and came in with a bag around her shoulders.

"Jisoo will be right here.. she's gone upstairs," Jennie said, leading the way to the living room and gesturing the guest to take a seat.

"Okay," Lisa gave a nod and looked around the house. Jisoo's house in a well designed and quite spacious.

"She's been nervous since yesterday.. I told her it'll be fine and just to have fun," Jennie mentioned, sitting down and passing a can of juice to the taller girl.

"Oh yeah even I told her that.. thanks," Lisa took the can and opened it to sip on it slowly.

"You guys have been friends since quite sometime right? How's she been doing? " Jennie asked, curious about her step-sister.

"Lately... happier than I've ever seen her. She talks about you now.. which is quite unusual because she never did before," Lisa stated in a confused frown.

"Earlier I used to think.. that she's kind of low spirited you know? She never used to talk about herself.. but it's been good lately. She jokes around me too," Lisa smiled widely thinking about her best friend.

"That's good," Jennie said, sighing in relief. She didn't understand why her heart fluttered when Lisa said that Jisoo talks about her.

"Oh.. you're here.. hi," Jisoo came down the stairs with a smile on her face.

"Hi! Unnie's been keeping me company," Lisa stood up and hugged her best friend as her eyes disappeared into crescents.

"S-Sorry," Jisoo apologized for keeping her friend waiting and pulled away from the rough hug her friend used to give her everyday.

"No problem," Lisa winked playfully.

After that all of them went silent. Jisoo looked at her step-sister and then at her bestfriend, wondering what to say or do now.

"Why don't you show me your room?" Lisa asked, breaking the silence after a few seconds.

"Okay..," Jisoo nodded and turned around to go upstairs.

"Have fun." Jennie said while seeing the two younger girls going upstairs. A part of her started to feel jealous whereas the other part was happy that her sister was finally enjoying a bit.

"Dull," Lisa chuckled seeing the white cream wallpaper and blue coloured bed and furniture.

I'll get her something to decorate her room next time..

Lisa noted to herself.

"Sit down," Jisoo said, pulling up the chair from her study table and placing it beside the bed.

"No need to be so formal Chu just be how you are at my place," Lisa jumped on the bed after removing her shoes, acting like it's her place.

Jisoo smiled and got on the bed too, crawling up beside the taller girl. Lisa really did make everything comfortable.

"You mom's not here?," Lisa asked curiously.

"She's gone out for work.. and um will be back on Monday I guess," Jisoo answered.

"Come here," Lisa said looking at how her friend was sitting on the other end of the bed.

Jisoo confusedly went towards her friend and squealed in surprise when the latter hugged her and made her to cuddle with her.

Due to the closeness, Jisoo's face turned in a bright bed and she saw how her cheek was pressed against her friend's chest.

When a knock came on the door and it opened, Jisoo got startled and almost jumped up, sitting properly. She saw her sister coming in with some bowls of snacks in her hands and some cans of juices under her arms pressed against her sides.