Chapter 10

Lisa was woken up by sounds coming from inside the room itself. She immediately stood up from the sofa and went towards her best friend who was sobbing on the bed into her hands.

"H-Hey.." Lisa said, sitting down on the bed and bending down to hug the crying girl.

"It'll be alright okay? I'm with you.. don't worry," Lisa said softly, seeing how the shorter girl hugged her tightly.

"S-Sorry," Jisoo sniffed, not letting go of her friend's shoulders.

"For what hmm?;" Lisa pulled back from the hug and held both of the blonde's hands in her left one while the right one wiped the latter's tears away.

"Are you feeling okay? Should I call the doctor?," Lisa asked when Jisoo was just sniffing away her tears while looking down.

"I-I'm fine," Jisoo shook her head lightly.

You're clearly not fine..

Lisa thought, frowning due to all the pain her friend was enduring.

"I know this is probably the worse time to.. ask this but.. this has been going on since a while right?" Lisa questioned, seeing how the shorter girl looked up at her face.

When Jisoo didn't reply anything, Lisa stood up to take a deep breath. She didn't know why her best friend was still not saying anything and coming clean.

"I'll be right back okay?," Lisa said, turning back to look at the injured girl before walking towards the door.

She really needed a breather.

"S-Stop! Lisa.. don't go..," Jisoo shivered, looking around the room very cautiously.

The taller girl turned back and saw her best friend clutching onto the blanket while looking everywhere in the room with teary eyes.

"S-She'll kill me.. she'll.. kill me," Jisoo mumbled with tears rolling down her eyes as she shut them tightly to curl up into a ball.

"No! I-I'm right here okay? I'm not going anywhere Jisoo," Lisa panicked and rushed towards her best friend, hugging her at once.

"K-Kill.. she'll kill me..." Jisoo cried, holding onto her friend. She didn't want to die.. specially not from her mother's hands.

"No one will hurt you now okay? Don't worry.. I'll keep you safe," Lisa said, rubbing the shorter girl's back softly.

"D-Don't go.. don't leave," Jisoo's body and voice both started shaking, thinking about what her step-mother would do if she gets to know about all this. She needed help from someone.

"I'm not going anywhere.. I promise," Lisa said, lying down on the bed as well to hold the blonde more comfortingly.

They stayed like that for a long time.. an hour till Jisoo stopped shaking and crying. It felt good to her to have someone to cry on and hold onto.

"6 years," Jisoo whispered into her friend's neck, sinking down in the cinnamon scent.

"S-She has been.. ever since my dad.. died," Jisoo completed her reply which Lisa had earlier asked.

6 years..

Jisoo's words rang in Lisa's mind.

"What about Jennie? Didn't she do anything to stop this?." Lisa asked in a cold voice.

Jisoo tensed up in the taller girl's hold, knowing that she can't rat her sister out. They were finally on good terms.

"She beat me up whenever unnie wasn't around and.. even if she was.. Jennie was also scared that it'll happen to her.. it's not her fault," Jisoo replied.