Chapter 6

'l forgive you'

The three words rang in Jennie's head. She looked at her sister's eyes and saw the honesty in them. She can't believe Jisoo can forgive a monster like her so easily.

"W-Why? Why would you forgive me? " Jennie asked, shocked at the words.

"You're my sister after all," Jisoo smiled slightly thinking of all the good moments spent with her step-sister. Before their dad died, Jennie used to take her to parks everyday to play with her while eating ice cream. For a person like Jisoo, this small moment of happiness and memory made up for all the times Jennie beat her up.

"Y-You're.. unbelievable," Jennie mumbled, leaning in and hugging her sister tightly.

Jisoo flinched for a second but got her nervous hands up to hold her sister in a hug as well. For the first time in a very long time, she felt somewhat happy.

"I'll.. never.. do the mistakes I did earlier. Mom.. brainwashed me quite a lot when I was young to believe that you are a bad person but that doesn't justify my actions. I was blind with my own ignorance and I'll take the responsibility for my actions. You are my family more than my own alcoholic bitch mother and I'll do everything to make sure that you're not harmed under my care okay? Anything it takes," Jennie said, pulling away from the hug to see her sister looking right into her eyes.

"W-Why this suddenly? " Jisoo finally asked, the question lingering in her mind ever since her sister apologised. Why was Jennie suddenly doing this? Being good to her?

"The day you.. helped me with my shoe? I realised how horrible I've been to my own sister. I knew it beforehand since two years now but.. I didn't want to die in guilt so I tried to ignore it. B-But.. seeing her hitting you that day.. senselessly? You can say that it woke me up.. from a spell which that witch casted on me," Jennie said, standing up to walk towards her study table.

"And I found this.. a few days back," Jennie added, opening her drawer to take out a polaroid picture.

Jisoo stood up too and went towards the older girl to see what it was about. When she saw herself climbed up on Jennie's back, a picture they took on their dad's birthday party, she remembered all the happy moments they had.

"He told me to take care of you. When our parents married. He was always good to me. You were good to me. But ever since he was gone mom started hitting you and told me to do the same. My inner demons came out and l was scared that if I don't do the same mom will treat me like she treats you too," Jennie explained, her voice getting shaky towards the end.

"But guess what? I'm 19 now and I have a physique better than that witch. I can handle her easily so.. trust me when I say that.. I'll make this all to stop," Jennie said, pinching her sister's cheek.

Jisoo nodded and came forward before hugging her sister tightly. Just hearing all this makes her to grateful.. that it's enough to give her some determination to go on with life.

"Thank you.. unnie," Jisoo whispered, feeling like the hug was making her heart to race.

Jennie smiled, holding her sister closer to herself, after 6 whole years. She wished she was strong enough sane enough to realize this all sooner. Her mother was crazy and she had to do something about it. She had to save herself and Jisoo from it.

"Now go to your room before that witch comes," Jennie said, patting her sister on her head.

Jisoo nodded and pulled away before doing as she was told to. Today was the best day of her life. Today, she got her sister back.

That night, both Jisoo and Jennie stayed up till late, thinking about a lot of things. While Jisoo thought and worried if Jennie will really do as she promised her or will she abandon her again?