Chapter 11

Jisoo was alone in her room after getting back. She had told Lisa to go back home as Jennie was there and also because Lisa needed rest too.

The taller girl was hesitant but after reassurances from Jennie about her friend's safety, she sighed and went back home with her head hung low. She promised the blonde that she'll be back the first thing in the morning the next day.

Jisoo lied down on her bed, hugging the blanket while looking around the room. To be honest, she didn't want to be alone in the place which she referred to as her home right now as Dara was still on the hunt. What she feared was that her mother will come in when she's sleeping and take revenge or abuse her even more. And truly, Jisoo didn't have the right mental and physical health to take that on.

Should I go in unnie's room?

Jisoo wondered when she felt that 1 hour had passed since she was laying idly.

After debating her choices, she stood up with her sweaty hands fidgeting with the hem of her shirt and made her way to the door. But, when she opened the door, she was met by someone standing right in front of her.

"AH!," Jisoo screamed in fear and closed her eyes, falling on her butt on the carpet below.

"Oh no! Are you okay?" Jennie asked in panic, bending down immediately to examine her sister.

Jisoo opened her eyes and nodded with a deep frown after seeing her sister. She really thought Dara was standing there till a few seconds back.

"What are you doing out of bed? I told you to call me if you need anything," Jennie scolded softly, taking a hold of her sister's arm and guiding her up on her feet and back to her bed.

Jisoo lied down and automatically fisted on her blanket, seeing Jennie sitting down beside her.

"Not sleepy?" Jennie asked in a small smile, brushing her sister's silky hair.

"Um.. unnie.. w-will you," Jisoo started, not sure if her sister will listen to her.

"Will I what? Is something wrong?," Jennie asked, knitting her eyebrows lightly

"Sleep here," Jisoo asked in a whisper.

Jennie's eyes widened in realization, now linking why her sister seemed so scared. Without saying anything, Jennie went to the other side of the bed and got inside the blanket after closing the door. Jisoo watched silently, seeing how Jennie was now facing her from her left side.

"I can sleep on the bed right? Or do you want me to sleep on the floor?" Jennie asked in a smile.

"Here is fine," Jisoo replied almost immediately.

As the lights were closed, Jisoo felt a little insecure about the darkness. She was used to being in the blackness of her mind and surroundings which she absolutely hated.

Without hesitating, Jisoo got closer to her sister and hugged her from the front, not wanting her to leave.

"C-Can I?," Jisoo asked in a mumble, sinking her face into her sister's neck. She observed how the older girl smelled like lavender.. which was very very dizzying.

"Of course," Jennie replied, getting her arm to wrap around her sister to hold her closer. A huge part of her was happy that the blonde was relying on her and was comfortable enough to be this close to her.

Jisoo sighed in relief and let go of her tensed body into her sister's embrace. She felt safer than before because she knew that if someone tries to harm her.. Jennie will take care of that person. It was unbelievable how much she trusted the person whom she feared to no ends till a month back