Chapter 14

When Jennie woke up to the alarm, she saw that she was alone in bed. Confusedly, she got up and did her normal routine before going out of her room. Not seeing Jisoo in her own room as well, she went downstairs after hearing some noises.

"What are you doing?," Jennie asked while walking towards the dining table which had all kinds of her favourite breakfast dishes. Waffles with a banana milkshake and some fruits on the side. She also saw a packed lunch meal for her on the table.

"You have a match today.. you should eat well," Jisoo replied like it was the most obvious thing for such a young person like her to say.

"H-How did you know?.. oh wait! Lisa's on the team as well.. how can I forget that," Jennie chuckled at her own cluelessness and sat down.

"Thank you," Jennie said sweetly, making Jisoo smile in happiness. This might just be one of the nicest and the most considerate thing someone has done for Jennie.

After they both ate, Jisoo insisted that she should wash the dishes today as Jennie had to pack her basketball clothes and shoes too. After a little bit of argument, Jennie surrendered after seeing the time and ran upstairs to pack her stuff.

After locking up, they both hurried towards the school as they were already late. During this time Jennie also learned that Jisoo hated physical exercise, even if it was running or jogging.

"I'll see you later okay? Bye!" Jennie pecked Jisoo's cheek before storming off to the upper floor.

Jisoo waved until she couldn't see her sister anymore and made her way to her classroom. As today was a big day, everyone was preparing for the match. This meant that there will be no academic classes today as well.

When Jisoo spotted her friend in the middle of the classroom surrounded by a few girls, she sighed but made her way towards the latter anyways.

As soon as Lisa saw the blonde, she waved goodbye to her fangirls and smiled so brightly that it made her eyes disappear into crescents.

"Hi!!! Lisa said excitedly before sitting on the other chair to accommodate her best friend.

"Hi," Jisoo smiled as well while putting the bag on the table.

"I'm hungry," Lisa pouted when a grumbling voice came from her stomach.

"You didn't eat breakfast?," Jisoo frowned in worry.

"I did early practice so I drank a smoothie," Lisa said in a sigh.

Jisoo who had prepared lunch for Jennie as well as Lisa opened her bag and took out the pink lunch box, handing it to the taller girl.

"For me?!!" Lisa asked, snatching the pink box which looked too cute.

Jisoo nodded and winced when Lisa startled her with the loud voice. She liked how the taller girl was always so enthusiastic.

Before Jisoo got a chance to say anything, Lisa was already digging into the food, giving a thumbs up and smile while eating.

"You make magical food," Lisa complimented like she usually does while she finished everything in the box.

After Lisa finished eating, Jisoo giggled and took a tissue to wipe her friend's lips. This gesture made the taller girl feel so lucky to have such a caring and kind best friend.

"You're the best," Lisa winked and leaned in to steal a tight hug from the blonde.

Jisoo willingly hugged back while chuckling at the playfulness. It was clear to her that the taller girl was excited and hyper for the match.