sixteen

Chaeyoung had nearly fallen asleep when she heard the apartment door slam shut and the jingle of keys, signifying that someone was home. Before she could open her mouth, Lisa was already scrambling off of the bed and running down the hallway.

Confused, Chaeyoung wiped her eyes and got up to follow the Thai girl. When she reached the top of the stairs, she paused.

"Jisoo?" Lisa's small voice echoed through the large apartment. Realizing what her girlfriend was doing, Chaeyoung took a step backwards and quietly slipped back into the bedroom.

To say the Korean girl was surprised when she heard Lisa call her name was an understatement. She jumped, turning around and looking at the younger girl who had practically been avoiding her for the past few days.

"Yeah?" Jisoo wasn't sure what reaction Lisa would be expecting from her, but she tried to act as normal as she could.

"I..." Lisa looked down at her shoes and then over at the couch. "I need to talk to you," she looked over at Jennie, who was scanning the refrigerator intently. "Alone," the younger girl added.

Jennie turned around, looking from Lisa to Jisoo. Her and Somi had practically been Lisa's shield from Chaeyoung and Jisoo for the past few days. So to say she was in shock that Lisa was suddenly reaching out to Jisoo would be an understatement.

"Is everything okay?" Jennie asked quietly. She glanced at Jisoo, who appeared to be just as confused as she was. Lisa nodded quickly.

"Yes," she looked up from the ground and send Jennie a hopeful look. Not wanting to interrupt anything, Jennie simply grabbed a water bottle and made her way upstairs.

"Can we..?" Lisa motioned over to the couch. Jisoo just nodded and followed Lisa into the living room, plopping down on their signature blue couch.

"What's up?" Jisoo asked, brushing her hair out of her face and giving Lisa her full attention. She noticed how the younger girl squirmed in her seat awkwardly.

"I am sorry," Lisa spoke hesitantly, looking up at Jisoo and biting her lip. She wasn't sure what kind of reaction she was expecting. "Chaeyoung called the doctor."

"What?" Jisoo grew confused. "Why?"

"You punched me," Lisa mumbled, looking down at her shoes.

"I punched you and Chaeyoung had to call the doctor?" Jisoo didn't have a clue what was going on. "We haven't even talked for the past week?"

"Exactly!" Lisa jumped to her feet and shook her head, beginning to pace back and forth in an attempt to collect her thoughts.

"I remembered," Lisa abruptly stopped walking and turned to face Jisoo. "I remembered you. At school... and you..." she involuntarily brought her hands up to cup her nose. Jisoo realized what she was referring to almost instantly.

"Fuck," the Korean girl cursed under her breath and shook her head. "I-,"

"I know," Lisa cut her off, stepping forwards in a burst of courage. "Do not say sorry. Do not." The younger girl shook her head and held up a finger to signal for Jisoo to wait.

"I am remembering," Lisa continued after taking a deep breathe. "But... I do not understand much," the Thai girl bit her lip and looked down. "But I am trying."

"As long as you get better," Jisoo shrugged. Lisa looked up in confusion.

"You can ignore me for as long as you want if it means you get better, Pokpak," Jisoo chuckled. "I just want you to get better. I think we all do."

"I do not want to ignore you," Lisa furrowed her eyebrows. "I did not mean to... I was scared." She sighed heavily and sat back down on the couch. "I am sorry."