twenty two

Chaeyoung woke up the next morning to find the blankets gone from overtop of her. This was a usual occurrence with Lisa, but when she rolled over to pull the blankets back from the younger girl, she realized she was the only one in the bed.

She sat up quickly, becoming even more confused when she saw the blankets in the corner of the room, secured to one of her dresser drawers and draped over to the wall. They were creating some kind of fort. And the culprit had two feet sticking out from underneath it.

Chaeyoung quietly rolled out of bed, which startled Lisa. The Thai girl sat up from within her fort, pushing one of the blankets aside and gazing up at her girlfriend.

"Why're you down there?" Chaeyoung asked, tilting her head to the side. Lisa bit her lip.

"Did you have another nightmare?" Chaeyoung knelt down next to Lisa. The Thai girl simply nodded, feeling somewhat guilty that she'd disturbed Chaeyoung.

"And you built a fort...?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

"To keep the bad things away," Lisa mumbled softly. Chaeyoung nodded.

"Well scoot over then," she smiled. Lisa grew confused, but moved aside and allowed Chaeyoung to crawl into the fort next to her. The blonde girl laid her head back on one of the pillows Lisa had brought under and held out her arms.

"Remember, the medicine isn't going to work right away," Chaeyoung motioned for Lisa to lie down next to her. The Thai girl sighed softly and laid back beside Chaeyoung, who pulled her closer to her side.

"You sound tired," Chaeyoung noted, turning over slightly so she could run her fingers up and down Lisa's arm. "Try and sleep a little more. I'll be right here when you wake up."

Nodding softly, Lisa yawned and curled her hands out to find the sleeves of Chaeyoung's hoodie. Holding onto the older girl, she allowed sleep to overtake her once more.

About an hour or so later, Chaeyoung felt Lisa stir beside her. She reached out, smoothing out her girlfriend's hair as Lisa's brown eyes fluttered open. At first, it took her a second to realize where she was, but she smiled softly when she saw Chaeyoung.

"Morning," Chaeyoung whispered, wiping her eyes. She'd managed to fall back asleep as well.

"Good morning," Lisa smiled widely. She yawned, sitting up and pulling Chaeyoung up to do the same.

"Someone's e-," Chaeyoung was cut off when Lisa crashed her lips against hers, pulling her into a deep and hungry kiss. Chaeyoung was taken aback when Lisa pushed her backwards, crawling on top of her and slipping her tongue into her mouth. A wave of euphoria rushed though Chaeyoung's body and she had to separate the kiss to catch her breath.

Lisa sat up, adorning the same goofy smile she always had. "Good morning," she smiled widely, crawling off of Chaeyoung and out of the fort before Chaeyoung could even process what had just happened.

As Lisa skipped contently down the hallway to go into the kitchen, Chaeyoung laid in the fort trying to figure out what had just happened. Lisa had never been that... eager before. This was new.
Chaeyoung sat up, running her hands through her hair and trying to steady her beating heart. After she calmed down, she pushed herself out of the small fort and headed downstairs.

"Tacos?"

"No, Lisa. It's breakfast. Tacos are for dinner."

"Cereal is for lunch."

"Oh my god," Jisoo shook her head, taking the box away from Lisa and putting it on the top shelf of the pantry. Lisa huffed in annoyance. Chaeyoung watched their interaction with a small smile on her face.