twenty three

Lisa's energy only continued as the week went on. Chaeyoung would wake up and Lisa would already be downstairs, cooking breakfast or playing with Louis. Her nightmares still came and went, but Lisa seemed to bounce back faster than she had before. And each night, she continued to take the two small blue pills before bed.

And then Wednesday came.

It started out as every other morning had. The blinding light streamed in from the window and caused Chaeyoung to roll over groggily. And that's about where the normalcy ended.

"Lili?" Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, surprised that Lisa was still in bed. She was normally already awake and bounding all over the house by this time.

"Lisa," Chaeyoung rolled over completely, nudging the Thai girl. Lisa mumbled something inaudible and pulled the blankets over her head.

"Are you okay?" Chaeyoung whispered, trying to gently move the blankets away from Lisa's face. The Thai girl only held them tightly, scooting away from Chaeyoung.

"M'sleep," Lisa mumbled. Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, but decided not to annoy her girlfriend.

"Well I'm going to get breakfast," Chaeyoung said softly, crawling over Lisa and padding over to the dresser. "Come join me if you want blueberry muffins," she smirked, raising an eyebrow and expecting Lisa to jump out of bed.

Instead, Lisa just pulled the covers further over her head. With a heavy sigh, Chaeyoung tugged on a t-shirt and headed downstairs.

Chaeyoung hoped the smell of freshly baked muffins would lead Lisa downstairs, but when she finished her breakfast and the Thai girl had still not appeared, she began to grow worried.

She quietly made her way back upstairs, turning on the light in the bedroom and stepping inside. Lisa groaned, covering her eyes with a pillow.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked softly, walking over to the bed. "Why aren't you getting out of bed?"

"Tired," Lisa yawned, allowing Chaeyoung to pull the pillow away from her face. "M'tired, Rosie."

"Did you sleep last night?" Chaeyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lisa nodded. "Yes. I had a nightmare, but I fell back asleep," she confessed.

"Are you okay?" the blonde girl sat down on the edge of the bed. Lisa nodded and sat up, furrowing her eyebrows and blinking a few times.

"Yes," she nodded slowly. "I am only tired."

"I made muffins," Chaeyoung nodded towards the door. Lisa smiled softly, stretching out her arms and yawning quietly.

"Yum," Lisa hummed, scooting out of bed and padding softly towards the door. Louis bounded happily after her, sticking right by her legs for guidance.

Chaeyoung followed her, grabbing Lisa's beanie from the dresser on the way out and tugging it onto the Thai girl's head once she caught up with her. Lisa giggled softly, picking up Louis and cradling him in her arms when they went downstairs.

Chaeyoung raised a questioning eyebrow when Lisa paused at the bottom of the stairs and brought a hand to her forehead, blinking a few times.

"You okay?" Chaeyoung scooted around her and placed a hand on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa simply nodded, shaking it off and setting Louis back down.

Chaeyoung sat down on the couch while Lisa got her breakfast, joining her in the living room. All three of their roommates had already left for school, leaving them home alone for the day.

"Where do we go when we die?" Lisa turned to Chaeyoung after she took a bite of her muffin. Chaeyoung's eyes widened, surprised by Lisa's sudden question.