twenty

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENDEUKI MY LOVE!!!! UGH I LOVE HER SO MUCH IT HURTS)))):

Chaeyoung aimlessly scrolled on her phone while both Lisa and Louis fell asleep on her lap. Lisa had her head resting on Chaeyoung's thigh, and the rest of her body curled up in a small ball atop the rug in their bathroom.

Chaeyoung looked down at the Thai girl, watching her chest rise and fall slowly. Lisa sleeping was one of the most adorable things she had ever seen. The younger girl would crinkle her nose slightly whenever she was dreaming, and it never failed to make Chaeyoung smile.

The blonde girl had almost fallen asleep herself, with her head hanging down slightly. Just as her eyelids drooped shut, she was startled when Lisa gasped and her entire body shot upwards.

Louis awoke with a start, scrambling off of Chaeyoung's lap and clumsily finding a hiding spot behind his carrier. Lisa whimpered, bringing her hands up to her face. Chaeyoung immediately scooted closer to her shaking girlfriend.

"Hey, hey, it's me," Chaeyoung said softly, rubbing her hands up and down Lisa's arms and trying to get the younger girl to look at her. "You're okay... it was just a dream."

"Rosie?" Lisa whispered, moving her hands away from her face.

"I've got you," Chaeyoung nodded, but realized Lisa's eyes were focused on something else. Before the blonde girl could respond, Lisa was crawling across the room and peering behind the carrier.

"I am so sorry," Lisa mumbled, squeezing her eyes shut and taking a deep breath. Louis scooted further back into the corner, clearly still afraid from the sudden burst of noise.

Whimpering, Lisa plopped backwards against the wall and buried her head in her hands. Chaeyoung moved to pull the younger girl closer to her.

"I-I scared him," Lisa mumbled, wiping at her eyes in frustration.

"Hey," Chaeyoung shook her head and grabbed Lisa's wrists to still her movements. "He'll be okay," she nodded. She met Lisa's eyes and wiped away the girl's tears with the pad of her thumbs. "It's you that I'm worried about right now."

"Me?" Lisa stitched her eyebrows together.

"Yes, you," Chaeyoung nodded and slowly stood up, helping Lisa up with her. "The nightmares are getting worse, aren't they?" Lisa simply nodded softly. For some reason, the younger girl felt ashamed.

"Let's go lay down," Chaeyoung said quietly, leading Lisa out into the hallway and making sure to close the bathroom door behind them to give Louis some privacy. The minute they set foot in her bedroom, Lisa burrowed under the blankets. Chaeyoung sighed.

The blonde girl sat down on the edge of the bed, rubbing circles in her girlfriend's back to try and calm her down. Without being asked, she began singing softly.

I walked across an empty land,
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand.
I felt the earth beneath my feet,
Sat by the river and it made me complete.
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on.
So tell me when you're gonna let me in,
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.
I came across a fallen tree,
I felt the branches of it looking at me.
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on.
So tell me when you're gonna let me in,
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.
And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?