Chapter 3

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Gun's POV

With the help of the clerk at the inn where I stayed, I was able to find my way to Sulawesi Island. The ferry I took to cross to the island from Jakarta took several hours but the bunk bed was comfortable and I was able to take a nap.

By the time that the ferry docked, my mind and body were well rested and refreshed.

It was a little tricky getting to the seaside resort that advertised for a general helper but after a few wrong turns on the roads I found myself staring at the luxurious looking villa with a splendid and elegant facade. It looked very busy with many visitors coming in and out of its automatic sliding doors.

I made my way up the steps going up to the entrance and went through the automatic sliding doors. The lobby with bright chandeliers hanging from the ceiling had a long line of visitors waiting to be checked in at the reservations desk. I went to the corridor closest to the lobby and went in search of the manager's office.

It did not take long for me to find it.

I knocked lightly on the heavy wooden door before opening it and peeking through it.

There was a man with a little bit of graying hair on his short sideburns that grew and stopped right beside the mid length of his ear.

When he looked up, I judged his age to be about mid or late forties.

"Yes, is there anything you need? The receptionist at the lobby can help you," he said to me. He had a kind looking face.

"I have come to apply for the position of general helper that was advertised in the Jakarta newspaper," I replied, feeling a little nervous, now that his full attention was on me.

"Oh, that," he said. "Yes, the villa needs a general helper. At this time, we only need an assistant to the general helper but the general helper has given a two week notice of resignation so until he leaves, if we hire you, you will be his assistant. In that way, you will have time to learn the ropes."

I nodded and he motioned for me to sit on one of  the chairs that were on either side of the front of this desk.

"Are you Thai?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied,

"I thought so," he said, and switched from speaking in English to speaking in Thai.

"Did you bring any resume with you?" he asked.

"I'm afraid I did not have time to put one together," I confessed.

"Why did you leave Thailand?" he asked.

I paused and debated within myself whether I should tell him my personal situation or not. I decided to come clean.

I took a deep breath before speaking.

"My parents divorced a few months ago and my mother has remarried. My stepfather does not treat me well. I have decided to go and look for work in another country so that my stepfather cannot come looking for me," I explained.

"We might have a problem if your stepfather comes looking for you and takes you back to Thailand," he remarked. "Are you at least eighteen years of age?"

"Yes, sir," I replied.

He looked intently at me.

"I would like to see your ID," he said. "I'm afraid you don't look a day older than seventeen."

I obediently pulled out my wallet from my pocket and took out my government ID and handed it to him. He studied it for a few minutes before looking up and studying my face intently again.

"I am going to take your word for it," he said. "But if this ID turns out to be fake, you will be in so much trouble."

"I swear it's not a fake one, sir," I said fervently, inwardly cursing myself for possessing a face that looked much younger than my real age.

"Very well, since the villa is in urgent need of a general helper and you are the only one who has come to apply for that position, I will hire you starting today. I will introduce you to Berkah the current general helper so that he can start training you."

He pressed the button on his intercom and told the receptionist to get hold of Berkah and to instruct him to come to his office.

Berkah was a fine looking young man, possibly in his mid to late twenties. He was tall, well built and possessed bulging muscles that looked like he could easily carry a hundred kilo bag of rice.

 He was tall, well built and possessed bulging muscles that looked like he could easily carry a hundred kilo bag of rice

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Also, because I needed to give a face to Berkah the general helper, I thought of giving him the face and figure of Earth Pirapat Watthanesetsiri, whose BL series "Tale of a Thousand Stars" is set to air this month.

"Berkah," the manager of the villa was saying, "I would like you to meet Gun Napat. I need you to train him so that he can take over your duties after you leave."

"Yes, Mr. Jumlongkul," Berkah said respectfully before turning to me and extending his hand to me.

I stood up and accepted his hand. I felt a bit nervous when he gripped my hand and shook it. I told myself to be careful and not get on his bad side. He could so easily lift me with one arm and toss me into the turbulent waters of Sulawesi Island if I ever incurred his ire. There was no way that I was going to ever displease him in any way.

Berkah showed me around the villa and told me what my duties were going to be after I took over his position. In the meantime I just needed to assist him with his tasks.

He showed me the detached building behind the villa that served as living quarters for the live in employees of the villa.

He showed me the room where he stayed. There were two separate beds inside. They were both tidy and made up so I did not know which one he was using.

"You will take the one closest to the bathroom," he said.

It was fine by me because I woke up most nights to use the bathroom and I didn't want to have to pass by his bed when I made my way to the bathroom.

He pointed out to me the closet where I could place my clothes. The door of the closet also served as a full length mirror.

Before I opened the closet door, I stopped to look at myself in the mirror.

Shit, I did look like I was not old enough to work legally.

As if he read my thoughts, Berkah asked from behind me, "How old are you, Gun?"

"I'm... I'm... I just turned twenty three," I said.

"The truth please," said Berkah. "Did you run away from home?"

"No! I did not!" I protested, my face turning red in embarrassment because I did run away from home but I was old enough to do so.

I hastily pulled open the closet door but before I could do so, he came close behind me and pushed it shut, his hand covering mine on the door knob, his warm chest pressing on my quivering back.

Suddenly he said, "Your shampoo smells nice."

That was when I realized he was more than a full head taller than I was. He must have bent his face to smell my hair.