Chapter 41

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Gun's POV

Even before Mark crossed the street, I had spotted him already. I spotted him with the pretty girl walking closely alongside him, holding on to his arm. her face raised up to his, an adoring expression on her face. How, just how quickly can Mark find someone to replace me. And he had the nerve to bring her along to rescue me?

I quickly turned around and made my way back inside the airport lobby, my tears blinding my path, making me collide hard into someone's hard chest.

The person held me on either side of my shoulders.

"And where did you think you were going, Gun?"

"Oh my god, it's you!" I cried into Boat's chest. "Quick take me back to Bangkok, please!"

"I don't know what you have been up to, but of course, let's go catch our flight before we miss it," Boat said, grabbing my luggage and holding me firmly with his other hand. "We can have a long talk during our flight back to Bangkok."

I let Boat guide me back to the Thai Airways desk where he picked up his own luggage.

After we had settled into our seats on the plane, Boat turned to me, giving me a quizzical look.

"So, would you mind telling me exactly what happened, young man? You gave me quite a fright there, you know," Boat said to me, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"I ... I ... "

"You had a change of mind," Boat supplied the missing words.

Should I lie to him and tell him that I had gone to the airport food court and lost my way back. Nah, he would quickly see through my lie. And even if I did lose my way, it would not have taken me hours to find my way back to the Thai Airways waiting area.

I averted my face and refused to confirm what he said.

"I understand, Gun," Boat said after a few moments of silence. "It is understandable that you would question yourself whether you made the right choice or not. After all, it was a big decision for you to make to leave the island and come back to Bangkok with me."

I remained quiet. My mind was in a turmoil and I was scared that I might blurt out the wrong words and live to regret it.

After more moments of silence, Boat let out a sigh and then started to speak again.

"Tell me, Gun," he said, his eyes boring into my face, but I refused to meet his eyes. "Tell me, do you still feel the same way about me or have you changed your mind in a matter of hours? And what made you decide to run away from me earlier. And what made you change your mind and made you come back to me? I'm so confused, Gun, that is why I'm asking all these questions."

"I'm so confused myself," I said, and burst into tears.

"There, there," Boat immediately had his arms around me, trying to calm me down. "It's alright. We can postpone this talk for later. Here comes the flight attendant with some snacks and drinks."

I broke away from Boat's embrace and looked up to see a very good looking flight attendant who had the most attractive smile.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Marc Pahun Jiyacharoen. He played a supporting role in the recent GMMTV drama series "Never Too Late."

"Feel free to sort through the snacks and drinks and pick whichever you want to take," he said to me, flashing his devastatingly handsome smile at me once more.

Suddenly I forgot whatever had caused the turmoil in my brain. I felt like I had landed on peaceful ground.

I happily sorted through the snacks that he offered from his trolley. There were assorted pastries and small packages of honey roasted peanuts and cheese flavored potato crisps. There were covered plastic tumblers of assorted drinks.

While I was going through his array of goodies, I had not noticed that he had hastily taken out a small pad from his pocket and had been scribbling something on it before neatly folding it into a small piece.

"What is this burgundy colored drink?" I asked him while carefully noting his name badge that was pinned on his right breast pocket. Hmm... so his name was Marc.

"It's cranberry juice," he replied, his smile melting the coldness in my heart. "Would you like to try it?"

"Yes, please," I replied, smiling back at him.

He handed me the tumbler with one hand, and then with the other he pressed something into my hand. It was the small piece of paper that he had folded into a tiny scrap.

It startled me at first. I received it while deliberating whether to throw it away or to keep it. But then again, what the hell, it was time to give myself a little fun after all the drama that I had just been through.

I smiled at Marc as I surreptitiously pocketed the paper. He winked at me before moving away with his trolley of goodies.

"What was that thing that the flight attendant gave you that you pocketed just now?" I almost jumped in my seat at the stern voice of Boat.

I made a face at him and refused to answer his question.

He made a face back at me and shook his head.

"On-air romances never work out," he advised me sternly.

"I will wait until I am on firm ground then," I replied. Oops, I gave myself away.

Boat tskd tsk'd at me before taking a sip from his own drink.