Chapter 42

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"No, don't do it, Gun," Boat leaned towards Gun and whispered the words to him.

Boat had noticed as they were stepping out of the plane's exit that the flight attendant who had given Gun the folded piece of paper, was among the other flight attendants who were lined up on one side of the exit to greet the passengers and say 'thanks, we hope you will fly with us again'. The flight attendant was giving Gun the 'call me' gesture.

Boat grabbed Gun's wrist to make him walk faster away.

As soon as they stepped out of the airport building, Boat stopped and held out his hand to Gun.

"Give me that piece of paper" he commanded Gun.

"No," Gun said adamantly, placing his hand inside his pocket to protect the controversial piece of paper.

Boat's face took on a grim expression.

"Do you still want to live with me, Gun, or do you want me to live away from your house?" Boat asked, his grim expression turning into a hurt and disappointed one. "I still have my own place to live in, you know."

Before Gun could answer him, Gun heard his phone ringing.

He fished his phone out of his other pocket.

Shit, it was Mark trying to reach him.

Gun pressed the side button of his phone to stop the call from even getting through to his voicemail. Mark didn't need him. Mark could have his fun with his new girlfriend.

"Who was calling you just now?" Boat asked.

"Mark," Gun replied with a pout.

"Yes, about Mark," Boat began to say. "We have a lot to discuss about Mark. But let's go home first. I'm tired. I need to take a shower. And then I will cook us a nice dinner. And then we can have that long talk, okay?"

Gun remained silent. His brain was in turmoil. What was he doing here in Bangkok? Had he been wrong in thinking that the girl holding on to Mark's arm was his girlfriend? Could she be a relative instead?

Gun followed Boat like a robot as Boat led him to the parking lot where Boat had left his car before flying to Sulawesi Island.

The drive back home was a tense and silent one.

Boat turned to Gun after pulling into the driveway of their house.

"We're home,"Boat said, looking deeply into Gun's eyes.

"Yes we are," Gun replied with a faint smile.

"You don't look too happy about it." Boat chided him.

"I honestly don't know what to feel or think," Gun confessed.

Gun opened the door on his side and was about to step out of the car when his phone sounded with an incoming text notification.

"Are you playing games with me, Gun??? Did you just make me waste a long trip from the island to the airport??? Call me!!! Talk to me!!! I need some peace of mind, goddammit!"

"Who was that girl with you at the airport???"  Gun texted back.

"Hannah? Ohmygahd, Hannah. She's my cousin. My dad's brother's daughter. She's here to help me and dad run the villa because someone just upped and left without a two weeks' notice."

"I didn't just up and leave, Mark. You fired me, remember?"

"It was a mistake, that's why I ran after you after you drove off to Berkah's place."

"I'm so confused right now, Mark. I need time to think things over. I need to sort my feelings."

"Fine. Just please don't send me on a wild goose chase again. I will wait for you to contact me again soon."

"Thanks for your patience and understanding."  Gun texted back and then pocketed his phone.

Boat was already bringing both of their suitcases inside the house.

Gun went after him and closed the door once he got inside the house.

Gun was about to take his suitcase when Boat reached out for Gun, spun him around and put his hands on Gun's shoulders.

"Listen, Gun, you are very precious to me," said Boat. "But whatever you decide to do later, I won't stop you from doing it."

"Thank you," Gun said, tiptoeing to give Boat a kiss on his forehead.

Boat pushed Gun away. 

"It would be best for you not to do that," Boat said, walking quickly away from Gun, his hands clenching into a fist to keep himself under control.

Boat's own mind was in turmoil as well.

Boat stepped into the shower booth and let the strong water spray all over him. He had not even bothered to take off his clothes. He slowly went down into a sitting position on the the floor of the shower stall and pressed his face into his hands. He could sense that Gun wasn't going to stay in Bangkok for very long.