Chapter 32

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Mark's father did not fail to notice his son's mood.

Close to the end of the workday, he summoned his son to his office.

Mark bowed to his father as soon as he entered his father's office.

"Spill it," Mark's father said without any preliminaries.

"Huh?" Mark tried to buy time by pretending not to hear his father's words right away.

"What happened in Bangkok?" his father asked patiently. "I need to know. I can't have you moping around the villa and making serious mistakes in your duties because your mind is on what happened between you and Gun over there."

Ohmygahd, Mark thought, was Dad psychic or what.

The unexpected question made Mark burst into tears. His father quickly stood up and walked around his desk to go to Mark. His arms enveloped his son and Mark sobbed into his father's chest.

Suddenly the door burst open and a wide eyed Gun stood in the doorway.

Both father and son looked at Gun in surprise.

"I told you that we have hired a new General Assistant," Mark said coldly, wiping away his tears.

"When did we do that, Mark?" Mr. Siwat asked his son.

"Just now," Mark said defiantly.

Mr. Siwat let go of his son.

"I need to get to the bottom of this," he said grimly.

Mark hung his head and refused to say a word.

"Gun?" Mr. Siwat prompted Gun to give some kind of explanation. If his son was not going to talk, then Gun better did so.

"My mom passed away," were Gun's first words.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," said Mr. Siwat. "Please accept my sympathy."

"Thank you," Gun said, sounding uncertain whether to go on talking.

After a moment of awkward silence, Gun took a deep breath and started talking again.

"Mark has been very supportive towards me. He was with me throughout the whole ordeal that I have been through," Gun continued. "Then I couldn't figure out what happened but I woke up this morning to find Mark's note stuck on my door. The note said that he was flying back here because you needed him and for me not to come back here. I tried calling him and texting him and calling him and texting him again without getting any response from him. Then suddenly, later in the day I received a text from him saying that you no longer needed me because you had hired a new General Assistant. I felt that I should come here personally to get an official notice from you that you have officially dismissed me from my employment." Gun's voice started to quiver at the end of his small speech.

Mr.Siwat stepped back to study his son's face.

He waited for Mark to say something.

When Mark stayed quiet, Mr. Siwat said, "I am still in the dark as to what happened between both of you over there in Bangkok. Until I get to the bottom of things, I will ask you, Gun, to stay and continue to work here at the villa. You may settle and rest for the evening in the same room that you have been staying and go back to attending to your duties in the morning."

"Thank you, sir," Gun said. "Mark, may I please talk to you in private?"

"No, go away, Gun, I don't want to talk to you right now," Mark said coldly, turning his back on Gun.

"Mark, please," Gun pleaded making a step towards Mark.

Suddenly Mark turned towards Gun, saying coldly, "I don't want to have to deal with Boat coming after you and causing another scandalous commotion here at the villa."

Mark's father looked wide eyed from Mark to Gun and back to Mark.

Just what in bloody hell was going on between these two young men.

A/N: Sorry for a very brief chapter. This is as far as my brains could go but I promise to make up for it in the succeeding chapter. Thank you for your patience.