Chapter 20: Impending Darkness

DARTH VADER

Darth Vader stood on the bridge of his Star Destroyer. Finally, the news he had awaited had come.

A stormtrooper commander contacted him through a hologram.

"Lord Vader," said the trooper. "We've found what appears to be the same ship spotted at Florrum. It's currently parked in an abandoned hangar on Mirial. We lost contact with a squad we sent over there, but images from a probe droid show what is clearly a YT-1760 Small Transport. We think that Tano may be on Mirial."

"Good," said Vader. "Double all security. Alert all Star Destroyers in the sector to blockade the planet. Mirial is on full planetary lockdown until further notice. I shall arrive with the Inquisitors shortly. Make sure nobody leaves the planet, and destroy that ship. We have her right where we want her."

"As you wish, my lord," said the commander, before he turned off his communication.

Then, shortly after the communication ended, the Grand Inquisitor entered the bridge.

"Greetings, my lord," said the Inquisitor, taking a bow. "I assume we have found the location of Ahsoka Tano?"

"Precisely," said Vader. "Soon, we shall have her in our grasp."

"Excellent," said the Inquisitor. "I cannot join you, but I assume you'd like some assistance?"

"It would be preferable," said Vader. "Her captivity must be ensured at all costs."

This was an odd thing for Vader to do. Normally, when Darth Vader took something personally, he handled it alone. But this was Ahsoka Tano. While she undoubtedly could never defeat him, there was the possibility of her slipping through his fingers, something that the Inquisitors could help with.

"I am surprised you do not wish to kill her," said the Inquisitor.

"You do not understand," Vader said. "She is too valuable an asset to kill. She would make an excellent Inquisitor, and whatever knowledge she has will be ours. But if that effort proves unsuccessful, then I will ensure she dies a slow, painful death."

"Excellent," said the Inquisitor. "I shall send First Sister, Tenth Brother, and Eighth Sister to assist."

Barriss was one of them. That would definitely help crack her.

"Very well then," Vader said.

The Inquisitor took another bow, then exited the room.

He wanted Ahsoka dead, or at least the part of her that unwaveringly served the Light. Ahsoka Tano would be dead, and in her place, would either be a unyielding servant to him and the dark side, or the corpse of the one who once was his apprentice.

"She will be mine," Vader said to himself, looking out the window of the ship as it jumped into hyperspace.