Chapter 11: Visions of an Old Master

AHSOKA TANO

The sun had set. It was getting late.

She was quite fatigued. Carrying a child did that to her.

She walked into her room and flopped down on her back in her bed. She just didn't have the motivation to get ready.

"Ahsoka?"

She sat up and saw Lux entered the room.

"You tired?" He continued.

She only replied with a moan.

"Come on," Lux replied, "You could at least take that robe off."

"Fine," she said, complying with his suggestion.

She took off her robes and got into bed.

"Can't blame you," Lux continued. "I mean, I obviously don't know what it's like to be pregnant, but from what I've heard, it's not exactly fun."

"But it's going to be worth it, Lux," she said. "It's our child."

"Of course it's going to be worth it," Lux replied. "When did I ever say it wouldn't be?"

Ahsoka let out a little laugh.

"Oh, Lux..." she said.

"Come on, 'Soka," he said, "you need to get some sleep."

"Okay," Ahsoka replied drowsily.

Lux got ready for bed and then laid down next to her.

By the time he did that, she had already drifted off into sleep.

"Hey! You there!"

It was the middle of the night. Two stormtroopers were yelling at a cloaked woman in a mask.

She was running away, holding something.

One of the troopers raised their blasters.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" said the other trooper. "At least set that to stun, she just stole some fruit."

The two troopers shot stun bolts at the woman, but she jumped over and under market desks and crates, avoiding the blasts entirely.

"Identify yourself!" One of the troopers asked.

There was no reply, and the woman eventually managed to lose the sight of the troopers.

"Where did she go?" he asked.

"Dunno," said the other. "She's wearing a black cape in the dark. It's gonna take a while to find her. I don't exactly want to waste my time looking for a fruit-stealing Mirialan we may not find. As far as crimes go, that's quite low."

"How do you know she was a Mirialan?"

"Uh, because we're on Mirial?"

"You know more than one species can live on a planet, right?" The trooper said.

"Okay," said the other trooper.

"Look, I know you're eager to get home, but let's sweep the area, see if we can find her. I'll call in a patrol too. If you're willing to let a thief slide by just because we lost her, you're not going to last another week as a Stormtrooper."

The scene then shifted to the woman.

"Bucket-heads," the woman laughed under her breath.

Something about that voice was familiar.

The woman ran through an alleyway, eventually coming to the door to a house, which was probably hers.

She walked in the house. It seemed almost abandoned, as if nobody checked on it, or bothered to do so. It was a single room, with a bed and some cooking equipment. The only windows the room had were small and lead out into the alleyway. 

The woman put her bag of fruits down on the counter. She opened it, took off her mask, and ate a Jogan fruit. The face behind the mask, however, was still hidden from view by her hooded cloak.

The figure sighed, then turned around.

Her identity could clearly be seen now.

It was Master Luminara Unduli.

She survived.

Ahsoka woke up with a gasp. She bolted right up.

It was morning outside, and the sunlight was seeping through the windows.

"A... Ahsoka?" Lux moaned groggily next to him, waking up. "What's wrong, did you have a vision?"

"Master Luminara's alive on Mirial," Ahsoka said quickly.