Chapter 28: A New Home

KATOONI ADANA

Just when it seemed master Tano couldn't do anything more impressive, she does this. A Venator-Class Star Destroyer, landed right beside their camp. She could only guess it was their new camp.

Ahsoka and Lux had called an emergency meeting in the port-side hangar entrance.

Behind her was a questionable amount of flaming wreckage, which presumably had something to do with their intrusion in the Star Destroyer.

"I... well, I think you all know why I brought you out here," Ahsoka said at the start of the meeting. "Originally, Lux, R7, and I went on a mission to rescue the Jedi Master Luminara Unduli on Mirial."

Her face then bore a somber expression.

"That mission failed," Ahsoka said, "She... she died by the hand of her own Padawan, Barriss Offee."

It was quite clear to Katooni, as well as everyone else there, that she was very sad about this, and a Star Destroyer wasn't going to make up for it.

"We made a desperate escape from Mirial, but we only got so far as the planet's orbit when we got tractor beamed into this Destroyer. Long story short, they destroyed everything in the hangar bay so we couldn't escape, so we... well, we improvised, and now we have a Star Destroyer. So, I mean... I don't know exactly what we're going to do with it, but... well, I think it's safe to say we'll use it as shelter. So head on in, choose your rooms. We'll get started setting this thing up tomorrow. I've been through a lot today, so... let's just say I need some rest. This meeting's over, thank you all for coming."

The move into the Venator invoked a lot of emotion from the New Jedi Order. Katooni knew that a lot of the Jedi here had been on these ships before. Some of them had essentially lived on these ships, and for some, these halls bore heavy memories of the day the Clone Troopers had turned on them all.

Yet, despite some of the bad memories, the move was exciting. No longer would they be sitting in tents, and they weren't limited to the Crucible or the pirate yacht. Now, they had an entire Star Destroyer to move around in.

The Destroyer itself was found out to be named the Holt. While Ahsoka had yet to find out which Jedi used it, the ship and it's training room designed specifically for Jedi would do great wonders.

Katooni got a room by herself. Normally, she played sounds in the night in order to make it less eerily quiet. Sometimes there would be a creak of metal, or the clanking of a droid making some rennovations. But soon, the noise settled down, and the Holt was no longer a Star Destroyer.

It was a Jedi Temple.

THE GRAND INQUISITOR

The Inquisitor waited outside the door for Lord Vader. He knew how upset he was that Tano had escaped them again. In fact, he was so mad, that at least five members of his Star Destroyer's crew were now dead.

Finally, he emerged from behind the door.

"Lord Vader," said the Inquisitor.

"What is your progress on tracking the Star Destroyer?" Vader asked.

"Unfortunately," he said, "not much. We've identified the destroyer she stole as the Holt, but other than that, no progress has been made. The ship's tracker was disabled shortly before she jumped into hyperspace. We've calculated her Hyperspace vector, but as always, it's... inconclusive. It seems she always jumps in a random direction to avoid getting caught, and then jumps to wherever it is she's going."

"She cannot hide a Star Destroyer for long," Vader replied. "Have the whole Navy on alert so they know to blast the Holt out of the sky when they see it!"

"As you wish, Lord Vader," said the Inquisitor.

It seems as if, despite succeeding to take out Luminara Unduli, their efforts have otherwise been rendered fruitless.