Chapter 15: The Hangar

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

The ship emerged from Hyperspace, the big sandy ball of Mirial in front of them.

"This is it?" Lux asked. "Looks quite... desolate."

"It's very cold and dry," Ahsoka said, "but there are plenty of oases where life has taken hold."

"So," Lux asked, "any idea where she's hiding?"

"It was a desert town in my vision," Ahsoka said. "It seemed pretty sizeable, though. Surprising, given how many of the cities on Mirial are grouped around lakes on the equator, like that."

Ahsoka pointed at some of the larger bodies of water which were visible from orbit, and how there was visible urbanization surrounding them.

"So, we're looking for something like Mos Eisley or Mos Espa?"

"Yeah," Ahsoka said.

"R7," Lux said to the droid, "Do you know of any large desert settlements on Mirial?"

The droid beeped in reply and began projecting a hologram of the planet, zooming into one spot near the equator. It eventually zoomed in on the map of a settlement, which the droid outlined in yellow.

"Is that the only one?" Lux asked.

The droid let out a beep in response.

"He says there's several other desert settlements on the planet, but they're much smaller in size because they're so difficult to maintain. Not to mention it seems to have a derelict starport we can land at and hide our ship."

"Well," Lux said, "I guess since we went head-first into this without much information to go off of, I'd say this is probably our best bet."

"You're right," Ahsoka replied. "And besides, I have a good feeling this is it."

"Good," Lux said, "because when you have a good feeling you're right about something, you normally are right."

"So it was a good idea to come here then, huh?" Ahsoka joked, giving him a friendly nudge.

Lux's cheeks flushed red. Ahsoka had essentially caught him in a verbal trap.

"Fine," Lux replied, "just... can we start landing already?"

"Got it," Ahsoka said, moving the ship forward into the atmosphere.

As the ship reached the ground near their destination, Ahsoka started the landing cycle and the ship flew over the town.

"Does this look like where you saw her?" Lux asked.

"It does," Ahsoka said, "I think we made the right call coming here. R7, where's that abandoned starport?"

R7 beeped and showed the map again, with the location of their ship marked as a dot moving towards it.

"I think I see it," Lux said, pointing out the window. "Make sure our signature's masked, though. I don't want the Imperials to find out we landed at the wrong starport."

"Signature's been masked since we came out of hyperspace," Ahsoka said. "They won't know it unless they see it."

The ship approached one of the old starport's hangars.

"Looks like an old military installation," Lux said.

"Probably from the earlier part of the Clone Wars, based on what I can see," she said.

The ship extended it's landing legs and landed in the hangar.

"I'll extend the landing ramp," Ahsoka said, pushing a few buttons. "R7, stay on the ship. Notify us if anything happens."

The droid replied with an affirmative beep.

"Alright," Ahsoka said, "Let's get moving/"