Chapter 6: Baby Talk

Around two months later...

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

It had been around two and a half months since Ahsoka Tano-Bonteri had become pregnant.

She was getting to the halfway point of her pregnancy. Thankfully, since she was a Togruta, she didn't have to wait as long--only six months as compared to nine.

This had been an evolutionary feature developed so that the Togrutas could easily repopulate if a few members of a community were slaughtered by Akul, predators native to the Togruta homeworld of Shili.

It was a miracle she was even pregnant at all. With all the differences between Togrutas and Humans, reproduction between the two would seem impossible.

Thankfully for her and Lux, it wasn't, although the baby was definitely going to be a Hybrid. Whether it had Lekku or not or whether it's skin tone would be more like a Togruta or Human was hard to determine without an ultrasound (and Ahsoka wanted it to be a surprise either way).

But her pregnancy was taking it's toll. While she was up to the challenge, her agility and fighting capability had clearly decreased. She was still training Lux and the younglings, but she didn't know how long she'd be able to keep that up.

If she had to go on a mission right this moment, maybe she could. Her belly was just small enough that her pregnancy wasn't way too obvious, but she'd need a cloak or some loose clothes to hide it completely. Not to mention she couldn't do anything too intensive, or she could risk miscarriage. 

And that was the absolute last thing she wanted.

Ahsoka woke up in the middle of the night to her usual case of dizziness and stomach pain.

Lux woke up next to her, as he normally did whenever his wife wasn't having such a good time.

"Oh Kriff," Ahsoka moaned.

She leaned over the side of the bed and puked into a bucket.

"Stomach acting up again?" Lux said.

"Yeah..." Ahsoka moaned.

"Here, 'Soka," Lux said, Moving closer to his wife and putting his hand on her belly and gently rubbing it.

"Use the force and reach out towards it, Lux," Ahsoka said, "do you feel it?"

"Yes," he said. "It feels... nice, and warm, and... a lot like you."

"That's our child in there, Lux," she said weakly, but still smiling.

Lux smiled and giggled.

"Amy visions?" Lux asked.

"No," Ahsoka asked. "Still nothing."

"What do you think exactly is up with that 'Daughter' you've been talking about?" He continued.

"I don't know," Ahsoka said. "I just want to go to back bed," she said.

"It's okay," Lux said, "Go back to bed. Mama's gonna need her rest, 'Soka."

Ahsoka happily obliged. She closed her eyes, but the child in her tummy wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing to sleep with.

So Lux reached out with the force to calm her. He closed his eyes, put his hand on his wife's back, and took a deep breath.

"It's okay, 'Soka," Lux said, "It's going to be okay."

And Ahsoka fell back to sleep.

Ahsoka woke up the next morning, thankfully not having to puke.

Lux was still asleep beside her.

"Lux," she whispered affectionately.

When he didn't respond, she wrapped her arms around him.

"Ugh," Lux moaned, "When will you let me sleep in?"

"I'm sorry, love, but I want your company now."

"'Soka..." Lux moaned. "DId you have a vision?"

"No," she replied. "I just wanted to cuddle."

"Well," he said, "guess that's reasoning enough. Guess I can't complain, you probably woke up to worse at the temple."

"I did," she said, "especially since you weren't around."

"Aww, 'Soka..."

"Oh, Lux..."

They both shared a kiss.

"Have you come up with any more name suggestions?" Ahsoka asked.

"I was thinking maybe Satine, after that Mandolorian duchess." he replied. "You know, the one you said Kenobi had an obvious crush on? Well, I mean, we'll only name her that if it's a girl, of course..."

"That sounds like a wonderful name," Ahsoka replied. "That'll be on our list."

"And if it's a boy?" Lux asked.

"I already told you," he said. "It's going to either be Rex or Anakin."

"For the last time," Lux said, "We're not naming our kids after him or Barriss. Especially after what they did. I don't know what they wo-"

"Lux," she said, "We've talked about this. Rex is at the top of the lost for boy's names. For girl's names... Well, let's throw Satine at the top of the list now."

"But what if we have more kids? No, I mean, when we have more kids. I still don't want them to-"

"I know," Ahsoka said. "I guess if they ever redeem themselves we'll leave that option open. But you're right, losing a child to the dark side is a real risk I don't want to take."

"There there," Lux said. "We'll be alright."

"I hope it's a boy," Ahsoka said. "Then we can name it Rex sooner, before Rex might leave. I mean, Captain Rex, not our child Rex. He'll love it. Maybe give him some motivation to stay. He's already agreed he's going to stay to see our child."

"I hope so too," Lux said, "but I'm sure either way, our child is going to be absolutely amazing. Let me know if you have any more name ideas," Lux said.

"Likewise," Ahsoka said.

They kissed before she got out of bed.

"Now, if you excuse me," she said, putting her robes on. "I have a Jedi Order to train. See ya."

"Love you," Lux said, getting out of bed too.

"Love you too," Ahsoka replied.

A/N: Apologies, I'm a teenage male who knows next-to-nothing about pregnancy besides what I learned in health class. Apologies for any unintentional inaccuracies in the description of Ahsoka's pregnancy. I guess you can just assume something something Togruta vs. Human biology. So sorry in advance.