Chapter 29: The Family Grows

Three months later...

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka awoke abruptly in the middle of the night.

She came to a startling realization: her pants were wet, and it felt like they were only getting wetter.

Knowing what was going on, she quickly shook Lux awake.

"Lux," she said, "Lux."

"What is it?" he said groggily, having been abrubtly awoken.

"I think my water broke," she said. "The baby's coming."

What followed was a tense few hours.

Ahsoka entered labor, and was quickly transferred to the Holt's medical bay.

During labor, everything felt like a blur to her. the slightest thing simply drove her senses into overdrive.

For the past few weeks, now, her baby had been growing within her, despite the strain she faced on Mirial, and she had temporarily stopped teaching the New Jedi Order once it had gotten to hard for her to do so.

Now, it was finally time.

Ahsoka Tano and Lux Bonteri were about to become parents.

Throughout her labor, she had Lux by her side. She held his hand, and he always chimed in saying something like "you're gonna be okay," and "don't worry, you're fine, the baby's fine."

As time went on, and minutes seemed like hours, Ahsoka became increasingly overwhelmed. Everyone who was present had to console her. Rex, Lux, the medical droids, and she swore she could even hear the voice of the Daughter try to reassure her at times.

But at last, after a long struggle, it ended.

She didn't exactly know how it ended, but she had gained something precious:

Her own child.

"It's a girl!" Lux said in joy.

Ahsoka and Rex watched Lux holding the baby. She was throwing a minor fuss, but was calming down in the arms of her father.

She was the most precious thing Ahsoka had ever seen.

She was orange in skin color, about a tone lighter than Ahsoka's. She had no montrails or lekku, which was obvious just by looking at her. From the looks of it, she would grow regular human hair.

Her face was covered in blurry white splotches, which would eventually grow to be iconic Togruta facial markings. Her eyes were a bright blue, just like her parents.

Ahsoka began to cry tears of joy.

"Please," she said, "let me hold her. Let me hold my daughter."

"Sure thing," Lux said. "Here you go."

Lux handed Ahsoka the baby. She began to get a little upset again after leaving her father's arms, but calmed down again after realizing she was with her mother.

Ahsoka's tears of joy poured out like rain. She just couldn't handle all the emotion.

Every inch of her daughter was perfect.

"She's gorgeous," Rex said.

"This is the happiest moment of my life," Ahsoka said through her tears. "If only Anakin could've seen this."

In that moment, nothing mattered but herself, Lux, and the baby.

"So," Lux said, "what's it gonna be?"

She had already thought of the name a month prior, and was waiting until now to say it.

"Aletta," she replied. "Aletta Bonteri."

"...That's an Onderonian name," Lux said.

"That's why I chose it," she continued. "Do you have a better suggestion?"

"Well... no, honestly," Lux said. "I was going to suggest Mina, but you've been through a lot, and you deserve to name her more than I do..."

"Don't talk like that," Rex said. "You deserve to name her just as much as she does."

"Well then we wouldn't be able to agree on anything," Lux said. "So then we'll name her Aletta, and maybe Mina can be her middle name."

"Aletta Mina Bonteri," Ahsoka said. "That sounds wonderful."

And so, from that day onwards, Ahsoka Tano and Lux Bonteri were parents to their very own child:

Aletta Mina Bonteri.