Chapter 3: Katooni's Chatter

KATOONI ADANA

Katooni ran over to Petro in the meeting room.

She had just asked Ahsoka a few questions about her upcoming child, and she honestly couldn't wait to meet them.

"Hey, Katooni," Petro said.

"Hey, Petro," Ahsoka replied.

"So she's having a baby, huh?" he asked.

"Sure thing," Katooni replied. "I can feel the life within her. It feels... nice."

"What else could you expect," Petro said, "if they're just like their parents, they'll probably be one of the nicest people you'll ever meet."

"I wouldn't be surprised," Katooni replied.

"You know," Petro said, "I really look up to her. She's done a lot of things I want to do."

"Like what?" Katooni asked.

"She took on Grievous and won. There aren't many Jedi who can claim to that. Oh, and need I mention she faced three Inquisitors at once and not only lived, but she beat them? You can't say that's not someone you look up to."

"Agreed," Katooni said. "She's a really big help with my training. If I have a hurdle to get over, she helps me. She's determined not only to be strong, but to share that strength."

"That's what makes her a good Jedi Master," Petro continued. "She's done as much as she can for us. And she'll keep doing that."

"I know," Katooni said. "If it weren't for her... well, we probably wouldn't be around anymore. Vader or the clones would have killed us."

Katooni sighed.

"I miss some of them, you know?" Katooni continued. "Gungi, Byph, Ganodi... I don't think they ever made it out of the temple."

"She couldn't save everyone," Petro said. "Nobody could."

Katooni sighed.

"Since when did you get so wise?" She said.

"Maybe Master Tano just rubbed off on me," Petro said. "I wouldn't be surprised."

"Me neither," Katooni said, "her hope is contagious."

"And I'm glad it is," Petro continued, "or else none of us would have survived."

Katooni sighed.

"Tell me something, Petro," she said. "Do you... so you think things will ever get better?"

"Only if we do something about it," Petro said. "which we will."

He smiled.

"I'm going to take down Inquisitors one day, just you wait," he said.

"Now that's the Petro I remember," Katooni replied.

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka and Lux were walking to her room in the Crucible.

Ahsoka's leg started to cramp a little. Pregnancy was starting to take it's toll on her.

"You'll be okay," Lux said. "It'll be worth it. Soon, we'll have a child."

Suddenly, they almost bumped into Rex.

"Oh dear," Ahsoka said. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," Rex said. "I just wanted to say congratulations, commander."

"Well technically it's General now..." she muttered.

"Lyda told me you're carrying a child," Rex said. "You were a great leader out there on the field. You'll be a great leader at home, too."

"I already am," Ahsoka said. "I treat everyone here the best I can."

"Oh, and, uh... if it's a boy, then... would it be too much of a hassle to name him Rex?"

"That's already on the list," Lux said. "If it's a boy, there's a good chance he'll come out a lot like you."

"I wouldn't be surprised," Rex said. "Ahsoka was like a sister to me, after all."

"Thanks, Rex," Ahsoka replied. "I did always think of you as some sort of older brother. The Republic couldn't have asked for better soldiers, nor I a better friend."

She did a little salute to him. Lux did too, and Rex saluted back.

"Also," Rex said, "I'm... not so sure if I want to stay here."

"Why not?" Ahsoka asked.

"I'm not a Jedi," Rex replied. "I'm not even Force-sensitive, that's for sure."

"That doesn't mean you can't stay here. Lux would have stayed here even if he was never Force-sensitive."

"Because he's your husband," Rex said. "I'm not."

Ahsoka recalled that Lyda had a crush on him. Maybe if she told her to make a move?

"Where do you even have to go?" Lux asked Rex.

"No clue," Rex said. "Can't go back to Yerbana, it's too risky. I'd have to go somewhere to avoid the Empire's clutches."

"I don't want you to leave, Rex," Ahsoka replied.

"I'm sorry, comma- General Tano, I'm just not sure."

Rex then walked on by.

A/N: I SPELT PETRO WRONG THIS ENTIRE SERIES UP UNTIL NOW, DARN IT.

Eh, can't be f*cked going back and changing it. Guess I'll just correct it from here on out. Or maybe I will go back and change it someday, IDK.