12 × Carnival;

this will be the last chapter(with a part 2) you and Wilbur are on a trip in his mini van, and you're basically stopping by places you both picked, without telling one another, and also, this is a long one so buckle up kids :)
_______________________________________________

y/n pov

"alright do you have everything? a blanket, plushies..."
"wilbur you asked me this already two times!" i cut him off, laughing.
"yeah yeah, i'm just making sure haha." he smiled, looking down, embarrassed.
he got into the van, checking everything, as he sighed;
"i forgot my phone."
"i'll grab it, i need to get something anyways."
"i will wait then."

i ran into the house, which was half empty. this day was gonna be long, me and wil came with the idea, that we're gonna pick places we will go to, but we won't tell each other. this trip might take days, and i am super excited for it.
i grabbed wilburs phone, which was laying on the table, as i went to our shared bedroom, grabbing a plushie that wilbur made for me. it was made out of plain wool, and to be honest, i never knew wilbur could knit.

i came back outside, closing the door and locking it as i got up to the mini-van.
"here's your phone."
"thank you, what did you-" he looked down at the plushie i was holding tightly to my chest.
"wait you still have it?" wilbur asked with an 'aw' expression.
"of course! it means a lot to me." i leaned over to him, giving wil a small kiss on his nose.
"alright, buckle up, firstly i chose the café we met in, just to get a start of our trip."
"oh i remember, the way you walked in, smiled, it was just so warming..."
"when i first saw you, you made me believe that it's possible loving someone at first sight."

wilbur started the engine, as the car slowly moved every second, excitement rising each minute.

the café wasn't far, it was actually pretty close.
the warmth and memories hit both me and wilbur again. i looked up at his face, which was filled with pure happiness.
"you look so pretty." i said.
wilbur looked down at me, cupping my face, leaning in. it was pure silence, but a rather enjoyable silence. i leaned more to wilbur as he pulled me into a soft kiss. his lips were so warm and soft.
"so," a strange voice said from over a desk, "are you ordering anything?" the guy smiled awkwardly.
"yes yes, sorry." wilbur smiled at me.

wilburs pov

"oh and remember when we were making an order for that couple, and while you were making the coffee for the girl it straight up blew up." (y/n) laughed.
"shush, that was so embarrassing." i laughed, hiding my face.
"i thought it was cute..." (y/n) smiled warmly, turning their head away.
i leaned over, cupping their small face in my hands, looking into their (e/c) eyes, so deep and mesmerizing...

"wilbur?" (y/n) knocked me back into reality.
"sorry, i uh..." i let go of their face, cheeks flushing with redness, "i kinda drifted away."
they grabbed my face and softly pressed their lips against mine, as i didn't even try to resist. (y/n) pulled away, a big smile glued onto their face.

"w-we should go." i smiled too, looking away.
"alright, i'll pay." we both got up, (y/n) paying for our drinks as i grabbed our stuff.

i sat in the driver's seat again, (y/n) at first complained that they should've drove since i already did but i knew they wanted to take a nap, like always. i plugged in my phone to the aux cord as i handed it over to (y/n) to let them choose the playlist.
"i'm gonna rename the playlist to 'wilbur, it's this one' so you'll know next time." they laughed.
"veery funny." i tried holding in my laugh but couldn't help but burst out, laughing along with (y/n).