Chapter 56

A/N: It's finally here, uwu. Sorry for the delay. I think the next chapters will be a lot easier to write, we'll see, I get distracted way too easily. I'll be attempting to at least start the next chapter on Friday, and finish it up by Wednesday, but actually sticking to schedules are impossible for me so we'll see how that goes XD. Anyway, enjoy, and let me know what you think. As always, I love the comments, even hate comments, votes, follows, etc. <3

Song: Losing You by Aquilo

[Not sure why, but I like this song a lot and had it playing while writing the first part of this chapter] 

Chapter 56

Vince's POV

This was the final straw, my demise.

All at once, I could sense everything falling apart. The cold flooded my senses, wrapping and seizing every ounce of blood, freezing every one of my joints and tendons in place. All while the jumbled noise suddenly became clear, the pack's shouts and gossip intensifying, the air filling with anger and tension.

To his own brother? To the alpha?

Monster. Disgrace. Animal. Asshole. The list went on.

"Please," I whispered, wishing it would reach him through the commotion of the pack members. Even from where I was, I could see the trembling of his lips, the way his eyelids flutter in fear and anguish. With every unsteady breath, I could see the way his body shook, the hand clutching Xavier's shoulder the only thing probably keeping him from falling to the ground.

"Please," I pleaded, not even sure if those words could be heard by anyone. Desperate, I looked to Simon, hoping he could hear me. "Please believe me."

But I could sense it. His fear, the anxiety of seeing what I had done. He was on the verge of a panic attack and I had been to blame yet again.

And despite the repercussions, my wolf was urging me towards him. Go to him. Comfort him.

I wanted to. Wanted to explain, tell Simon that I saw what he did, saw that damn necklace, heard his damn confession.

Then tell him.

I blinked, tuning everyone else as I stumbled to my feet, letting the feeling, the need to go to him propelling me further. I stumbled like a baby deer but managed to get closer to them, hoping they'd drown out the noise, wash away the doubt and fear running through me.

I wanted to tell him. Tell him that Michael had messed it all up for us. To tell him that I knew what I wanted. About the revelation I had earlier. To tell him that I would protect him, that Michael wouldn't get away with this. To tell him that I was willing to make things work, no matter the cost.

But words failed me, the same fearful look chilling me to the core.

"Simon," I breathed, nearly a foot away from him.

But he stepped backward. One simple step back and my resolve was cracking. No. I reached my hand forward, hoping he could just look at me. To touch his face and have him look at me like before, with acceptance and forgiveness.

Please, I wanted to tell him. Tell me it was okay. Tell me that you'll still stay. Tell me I'm not a monster, that you still look at me differently from them. Please. Don't hate me.

But he shrunk back into himself, jerking his head away from my bloody hands in fear. Another step back. He was trembling. Because of me.

He couldn't even look at me, and it was tearing me to pieces. I looked to Xavier, but he too looked at me with fear in his eyes, his eyes filled with unshed tears.