Chapter 47

A/N: Two updates this week, make sure you read ch 46 if you haven't already. I typically don't like the backtracking/recap to illustrate a different point of view, but this is one of those cases where I felt like I needed to show at least a snippet of what Vince was going through because otherwise it would never get addressed, so I apologize if it may feel a bit repetitive. Let me know what you think! Vote, comment, follow, etc. <3

Chapter 47

Vince's POV

I was drowning.

Or that was what it felt like while being trapped in your own subconscious, unable to move, say or do anything while my wolf took the lead. But at least it numbed the pain, the pounding in my head, and the unwarranted shift my body tried to do earlier finally fading away.

But it didn't numb everything. I could still feel the bond. Still feel the tension, the anxiety rolling off Simon as he cowered in the corner. And just like those dreams and even back then, I was powerless.

I tried to get him to stop moving, to make my wolf stop whatever he was planning, but with his resurgence, he was proving to be far more in control of my body than I could contain.

And with every step my wolf took towards him, I was mentally screaming at him to leave him alone. To just give me back control so my wolf wouldn't do something we'd regret. Our wolves were dictated by instincts only, and whatever he was planning couldn't have been good.

Leave him alone, I urged. Walk away.

No, he growled at me before kneeling in front of Simon. He whined as he reached a hand out. Mate.

You're scaring him.

He growled again before gently taking Simon's arms in his-in ours. It was such a strange feeling, being able to feel exactly what my wolf was feeling. The lines that marred his forearm, the way his hair stood up on his arms as goosebumps started to form. The feeling of his blood pumping in his veins, his pulse steadily increasing.

"Vince," Simon's voice warbled, but I could still hear him. I could still see the way his eyes fluttered, worried, but still trying to reach me, searching for me in here. I'm here, I wanted to say, to tell him that I was trying to stop this, that I didn't want to scare him. I hear you.

With his lip quivering, the slightest trace of our touch and he was shaking. He was terrified. Just like that day. Even with the bond, his body language did not lie. And my fears were coming to life.

He didn't trust me-us. Could never trust us. But, I mean how could he?

And if my wolf continued this any further, Simon would surely leave. Scorn me, hate me for not being able to stop any of it. As my wolf leaned forward, hovering dangerously over that spot, I pleaded with him, begging him to let me surface.

No, not like this, I was practically banging on the nonexistent walls of the void, wishing I had the strength to yank my wolf back. He doesn't want this.

He growled lowly, he will. One day he will.

No, I argued. He won't. Not with me.

You're wrong, he snarled. We want this too.

No, I- I paused. Did I want this? I wasn't sure. My wolf growled, but before we could continue our arguing, Chase luckily showed up.

My wolf wasn't happy, but I couldn't be more grateful. With him here, Simon would be okay. Even if he were to leave for good because of this, at least Chase was here now.