Chapter 46

A/N: This chapter was difficult to write since I was such in a good mood from the election that it was hard to write an angsty and dark chapter for once. What a concept. Anyways, enjoy! Let me know what you think. Next chapter shall be fun, hehe. I'll try to finish it soon :)

Minor trigger warning: mentions self-harm scars, blood

Chapter 46

Simon's POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud thud, and sharp pained noise. At first, I had thought it was me, but as I blinked my eyes open in the dark, I realized it hadn't been me but Vince. His side of the bed was unmade, and as I scooted over to his side of the bed, I realized he had fallen on the floor, but that wasn't the scary part.

He was shaking violently as if he was having a seizure, his arms tangled around his side in pain in the fetal position as audible gasps escaped him. As I turned on the lamp on his side, I noticed he was drenched in sweat, his shirt completely trashed as rivulets of sweat dripped down his face. I scrambled to the floor, leaning over him and keeping him on his side trying desperately to call his name, hoping maybe he was just having a nightmare. But as the pressure built in my chest, and my wolf whining in the back of my head, this didn't seem to be like any old nightmare. I tapped his shoulder, even tried talking to him in his ear, trying anything to wake him up.

Soon the intense jerking slowed, only his head thrashed about in my lap, as he seemed to say "no" over and over again. He was still sweating, his forehead on fire as I began to pry his hands away from his torso, hoping it would help him breathe. Pained gasps were coming out so irregular that it reminded me so much of my own attacks. His arms flailed about, his hands reaching up to grasp at my shirt and arms as if trying to pull himself out of whatever was happening.

Eventually, his eyes did shoot open, only for him to go into another round of trembling, the overwhelming trepidation and sheer panic rolling off of him made me grimace. That and his painful cries made both my wolf and I whine.

"Vince, please," I pleaded, prying his hand from my shirt and squeezing it in my hands. "What's happening?"

He let out a sharp gasp as he shifted, his body turning more as his blue eyes met mine. My blood ran cold as they widened, quickly going from shock to fear, his eyes seeing something I couldn't begin to understand or grasp. He jerked his hands out of my own, before staring at them with the same fearful look, his hands shaking violently in front of him.

As to not frighten him further, I said as softly as I could possibly muster, "Vince?"

He glanced back up at me before scrambling away, mumbling "no," over and over.

"I've got you," I told him, hoping the words Aspen would tell me would help Vince out too. I reached my hand out to him, wishing he'd stop and realize I was here to help him, not hurt him. "I'm here, I got you."

"Didn't-me..."

"Hm?"

"I di-didn't mean to..." He mumbled, tearing his eyes away from me, staring at his shaky hands again. "I-I swear."

I scooted closer, placing my hand on his. "What are you talking about?"

He shook his head before he doubled over in pain, a silent scream as he clutched his stomach.

"Vince?"

Soon after, I could feel it too, his pain reflecting through the bond, hitting me full force as well. He must have felt it tenfold, as strangled groans escaped him, his body wracked with earthquake-like tremors.

I powered through the pain, reaching out to try and help him, even though I had no clue why he'd be in this much pain.

Shifting, my wolf mewled in the back of my mind. I gasped, realizing it was a possibility, but shifts weren't meant to be painful. Uncomfortable at most, but it shouldn't render someone like this. No, this wasn't right. This wasn't supposed to be happening. Besides, Chase and him, both mentioned he hadn't been able to shift for some time.