Chapter 2 : Comfort

Music Playlist:  SVW - Rain

-------

Destiny Grey

I woke up from being unconscious with bright, white lights on my face. I blinked my eyes twice, hearing a voice talk to me.

"Mrs. Grey, how many fingers Do you see me holding up?", The Doctor asked me with his hands in my face for a quick vision test.

" I see Five, I think...No Four." I shook my head, a little lightheaded.

"Give yourself some time your nerves are coming back in harmony...How are you feeling now? Are you still dizzy?."

The Doctor was concerned while he took his flashlight and opened my eyes, checking my pupils.

" Yes, a little, not too bad But, It's going away now," I replied.

" Great!," He glared at me, putting his glasses back on his nose.

" Mrs. Grey, Have you been under any large amounts of stress lately?",

He kept asking more questions.

I sighed before, I explained it to him.

" Yeah, I've been working extra shifts and taking vitamins to boost my energy. But, To be honest...I have been feeling VERY drained and I often, get sharp cramps in my stomach at times."

He placed his hand on his chin thinking, while he wrote down a couple of notes, on the white sheet of paper.

" Hmm, that doesn't sound pretty normal at all." He made an uneasy face.

" Fatigue, cramps, and dizziness."  He recited, the details I told him.

" The paramedics also, told me that you had some mild bleeding, coming from your nose too...is that correct?." He looked at me.

" Yes, It was a lot of it. I couldn't control it at all. That's never happened to me before and it was quite scary." I nervously admitted.

" Okay, so give me like thirty minutes, and Let me run a few tests on you, to see how this happened."

I nodded my head. " That's fine with me Doc."

" Great, I'll be right back with your results." He told me, leaving the room.

I sat there in silence, looking at my feet that were dangling above, the white marble floor.

I got a quick text, from my best friend Ayana.

She had gone to my house and picked up faith for me.

I assured her that I was fine and thanked her for taking her in for, the night while I was still, at the hospital.

I found myself looking through old selfies of me and James.

Whenever I got anxious or stressed. I looked at them to give me comfort.

I couldn't help but smile at the good memories we had.