Chapter 12 : Inevitable

Song : Drake - Champagne Poetry 💎

_______________

Omniscient Chapter

Once James finished dropping off Faith at school. He pulled off turning the music up, rapping song lyrics and nodding his head to the beat.

Until, He noticed a black SUV, trailing him in his rear view mirror. Normally, James would've started speeding as soon as the car kept following him, but he knew for a fact that whoever the person was, is trying their best to not blow their cover.

James then pressed the gas hard, going faster down the street. He took a sharp left turn and the car was now lost out of sight.

He had a bad feeling In his gut, that this wouldn't be his last exit out of the street game, just yet.

He knew that he was an immediate target, now that he was fresh out of prison.

James was definitely being watched by a new "Unseen enemy".

He pulled into the driveway of Destiny's house getting a phone call from an unknown number and furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the screen flash before his anxious eyes.

He was hesitant to pick up the call, but he pushed passed his emotions and answered. Anyway.

"Hello?" He spoke Turning off the ignition.

" I know your secret." The automated deep voice said, in a sly voice.

It was definitely a person disguising themselves.

" Huh?," He was dumbfounded.

The unknown person continued.

"Everything you have isn't because of who you are. It's because you stole it from someone else, face the truth. You're a fraud."

James was losing his cool now. He didn't do well with niggas trying to play riddle games and shit.

" YO! WHO THE FUCK IS CALLING MY LINE?!," James now yelled in frustration.

No answer. Just silence.

It sounded like he was on hold.

" Are you still there?" He questioned twice.

The voice finally answered.

" September 29th Is the date, your life changed because of a dark deal you made, and I'm going to see to it that I make you suffer for everything you did. I'm coming after everything you've built in your empire and bringing it down to shreds. Mark my words. We will meet each other eventually But, only for your death wish."

" Oh? So that's what you're going to do now? I'm flattered." James chuckled and was almost amused by it.

" I'm no fan. But, I've studied you very closely for some time now. You're quite an impressive mastermind." The voice said like he was keeping close tabs on his life.

He was so used to being put in this position he was numb to it.

James was always under attack by some random motherfucker wanting to claim their revenge but, he wasn't fazed. He always rose above the odds against him.