Chapter 17: Deal With it

Music Playlist:

Solange — Things, I imagined.

——————————

Desmond

I was working out at the gym when I got an unexpected phone call from James.

He sounded very worried and stressed about something.

He didn't tell me exactly what the problem was but, I knew that I had to be there for full support.

" Bro, wassup. I need to talk to you about something. I need solid advice", He emphasized.

"Ohh Word? Damn, right bro. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Bet. See ya in a bit." James replied with worry in his tone of voice.

I ended the conversation by getting off the treadmill and wiping my face with a towel.

About 10 minutes later.

I stepped out of the shower and got dressed in some extra clothes that I brought with me.

Soon, I headed to the parking lot getting inside my car.

I put my Keys in the ignition turning on the vehicle But, Before I could pull off...

I looked to the right and it was an unknown envelope sitting on the seat.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking left and right suspiciously at my surroundings.

I opened the glove compartment getting my gun out putting it in my back pocket.

I realized that I was being followed.

Now, I needed to get rid of this car for good.

I didn't want anybody tracing my whereabouts.

I remember James told me about a stranger threatening his life and coming after everybody close to him and his Family.

I'm 100% sure this was the "unknown enemy" that was yet to be revealed.

It was strange writing in the letter.

Almost like it was some type of code.

I broke the seal and opened the envelope and it was a picture of an ancient symbol.

It was in the shape of a dagger with a snake around it.

One that I hadn't seen before.

I began to think about it more and I was using context clues to put together the message.

James confessed to me that he once made a deal before he came into power and riches that helped build the Empire he has now.

I was in danger because I was close to him and whoever was watching—knew that me and James were locked in.

The question was: