Part 14

" coming!"

Hermione ran to the door and opened it. Assuming it was her parents she swung the door open to instead see Ron standing there.

He looked furious and clenched his jaw.

" ron i-"

" Are you fucking kidding me Mione?" He stormed into the house and dropped his coat on the rack.

" look ron i-"

" no! Let me talk! I am furious right now!"

Hermione sighed but nonetheless listened.

" you leave my apartment, no, OUR apartment while I'm at work without explanation, the only thing left of you is a note that says next to NOTHING, and then you FLEE THE COUNTRY? And i had to hear it from your GIRLFRIEND, who I didn't even know was the reason why you left me until hours after you left!"

Ron stormed into the living room and hermione followed suit.

" and i dont even get an explanation. I dont even get a reason, for all i know you could be hunted by one of harry, or blaise, or draco or PANSY'S ENEMIES! You do not just DISAPPEAR when you are affiliated with the kind of people we are surrounded by!"

Hermione reached to take rons arm but he flinched away.

" and the worst thing, the worst thing of all is that you dont even have the COURAGE to see me in person. I have to hear an apology from your girlfriend, who wasnt even the one to leave me. I have to sit there and listen to how much she loves you while all im wondering is if you are okay. YOU SHOT BULLETS TOWARDS REAL PEOPLE WITHOUT HESITATION, WE BOTH HAVE AND YET YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE GUTS TO SEE ME IN PERSON?-"

" DONT YOU THINK I WANTED TO?" Hermione yelled back.

Ron stopped, his breathing heavy and his nostrils flared.

" dont you think i wanted to see you? Above all else YOU are my best friend! Who cares if you were my fiance, before that you were the First cadet i ever ordered, you were the first person to call me Sergeant, YOU WERE THE FIRST PERSON TO RESPECT ME AFTER YEARS IN THE DAMN ARMY."

Tears fell down her face as she clenched her chest.

" when we left the army and i didnt want to be around harry anymore, you pulled me aside and told me that he is our friend, and that we should support him no matter what. And that is what i did, 10 months later and i would kill for that boy and i am HOPELESSLY in love with someone so i just NEED YOU TO SUPPORT ME!"

" I DO!"

Ron sat down and placed his head in his hands. His breathing shuttered and his body shook.

He looked up with tears in his eyes and for the first time in a while, hermione saw Ron break down.

" it just hurts......." his voice crumbled. It was low and soft, like he couldn't dare go any louder.

"it hurts that everyone got an explanation except me. Harry got one, blaise got one, hell even my family got one. But i didnt. I was the only one left who didnt hear from you. I waited for days, for those couple of words. To hear your voice even if it was through a phone. I thought since you called harry and my family you would call me, maybe you needed some time. But then 2 days pass, then three, then four and then a whole week."

Hermione sat down opposite of him and looked down to the floor, her eyebrows knotted and tear streaks staining her face.

" i wanted you to be happy. I still do......but it doesn't change the fact that it hurt like hell."