Part 18

Draco bent over harry to turn on the lamp on his bedside table.

After blaise had informed him harry had finally woken up, draco ran as fast as he could to the top floor where he was in case of safety.

Draco leaned back into his chair and watched harry slowly open his eyes again.

He went to turn his head but winced as pain shot through his head.

" dont. You got shot in the neck remember. You cant move for a while." Draco laid a hand on his chest and stopped him.

Harry grasped the hand and looked up at the ceiling, taking in a sharp breath.

Draco blushed at the sudden contact but hid his face with his hand.

" how long was i out? Why are we back home?"

" 2-3 days maybe? We're back home because we're under house arrest."

Harry then shot up, wincing painfully and grasping his neck.

Draco helped prop him up as he looked around the room frantically.

" ron, ron he was shot and....and hermione she-she gets ptsd flashbacks, are they okay?" Harry asked rapidly.

Draco nodded and pushed harry back so he was leaning on his headboard.

" yes they are fine. Hermione and ron are still recovering but they are both ok." Draco reassured quickly.

Harry sighed in relief and closed his eyes, leaning his head back and chuckling.

" oh god. How did i get here jesus."

Draco chuckled and shook his head.

" i dont know. Just 10 months ago we barely even knew each other and now..." draco drifted off.

" now?" Harry asked. Draco chuckled again and shook his head.

" its not important. What is important is that you know whats going on with you."

Harry gulped and nodded.

" ok. So whats going on then?"

Draco paused and looked down at his hands nervously.

" there is a bounty on your head. 2.3 million dollars and because of what happened in the cafe, we have proof that all of us are in danger. We're all under house arrest until further notice, the fbi has been notified and are keeping watch of the person who put the bounty closely. "

" really? The FBI? Isnt that a little sketchy?"

" we haven't done anything wrong that they know of and have proof of. Without them it would be harder to keep you safe so for now we are forced to work with them."

" tsk. All this because of my shitty family." Harry sighed.

He rubbed the back of his head and continued to talk.

" i tried so hard to mend relationships between my family and the others but it all went to waste. None of it was worth anything except putting my friends in danger and now i have a 2.3 million dollar bounty on my head and they would go through anyone just to get to me."

He was stressed and tired, his body ached and he barely had enough energy to talk.

" All i ever wanted was a normal life. Thats why i joined the army so i could maybe start to make up for all the crap my dad did. Obviously it didn't work because here i am, stuck in fucking Manhattan, hiding like a coward with a bullet hole in my neck."

Draco listened carefully as harry rambled on. You could tell he was more than pissed, he was furious.

He was scared and angry and he didnt know how to make the situation better.