TWO | 二

NEW FRIEND.

      Everything went numb as Ryuna heard those words, was he bluffing? How could somebody take in a child who is worth nothing. She could only do few things and getting along with people or communicating with them was definitely not it.

She didn't even know how to write or read.. not even speak properly. She looked a bit down as her head lowered itself to the point where she saw nothing more than warm blanket she was wrapped in.

-"Are you not happy? Do you have somewhere to go? Why were you lying in the middle of nothing?"
He asked so suddenly and Ryuna just shook her head, trying to make him understand that she doesn't want to say a thing about it. Yet the boy was clueless.

-"So that's not it? You got hurt badly though, look look!"
He touched her shoulder as he tapped it few times and Ryuna gasped at sudden touch.

-" Hm? Should I not touch you? Are you uncomfortable? Oh- I almost forgot, my fault, my fault. What's your name? "
He asked as he gave her a big teething smile. Ryuna stayed quiet and the next thing she did was most likely unexpected. She grabbed boys hand and put it on hers mouth as she shook her head.

Than she released it and put her finger on her mouth, signing that she cannot speak. Satoru was visibly confused as he hided his hand in pocket immediately. Since Ryuna didn't have a single clue how to speak or interact with people she did what she pleased.
"What do you mean?"

He asked again not getting any of her explanation. Ryuna sighed and opened her mouth as she pointed her finger at it. Than she closed it putting both of her hands on her mouth and shaking her head. That was the moment Satoru realized what she meant this whole time.

"Oooh, You can't speak? ugh.. and I thought we could be friends~ how am I supposed to talk and have fun with someone who doesn't even know how to speak!"

He commented and her gaze fell down on the blanket once again. He saw that she was feeling guilty about it so he stretched his hand out to her.

Ryuna looked at his hand and than her gaze turned towards the smiling boy next to her. Didn't he just say that he is disappointed?
"You just gotta learn right?"

He said once again and Ryuna gulped as she reached out to touch boys hand, but doors of the room they were in opened and the little 'talk' between Satoru and Ryuna ended.

"My sweet boy, you know that you shouldn't touch strangers, especially if it's someone as dirty as her."

Woman spoke sweetly to her son but bitterly to the girl who was terrified by that two unknown faces. Ryuna lowered her gaze and hid her hand under the blanket, Satoru knew why she did so, so he let his hand fall down on the ground as he stared at the elders who just entered the room.