TWENTY TWO | 二 十 二

NEW CASE

NEW CASE.

After quiet unexpected and unpleasant meeting that occured Ryuna walked silently through halls of jujutsu high school, awaiting Shokos arrival.

"Hey Ryu, observation!"

Suddenly Satoru threw a can of cold soda at her, expecting her to catch it as flawlessly as always yet this time she was lost in thought and didn't pay attention to him even if he shouted harshly. Within second, can hit her head hardly which made her hiss in pain and glance at her friend who whistled and avoided her glare, surely he didn't mean to do that.

"Agh really.."

After awhile she sighed and reached out for the can just to open it and drink it all at one go. That caused Gojo to be even more concerned about her condition. She never drank such cold drink at one go, she hated how her throat throbbed after drinking it.

"Hm? How come you are okay with as cold drink as this one?"

He asked and raised eyebrow in suspicion, but she couldn't careless to respond with no hesitation whatsoever.

"Cause I was thirsty. Does there have to be any more reason?"

Ryuna scoffed and destroyed can by grasping it tightly inside her hand. Perhaps even allowing that sharp plast bury into her freshly made wounds. It made him surprised again.

"I mean no, you got a point. But look at you, you seem out of your mind right now."

Satoru pursed his lips and loudly drank from can filled with sugary drink, it was maybe strawberry flavored as Ryuna knew his tastes.

"Perhaps I am.. who could process these things so fastly? I know it doesn't bother you, but for me.. after all this time."

She pinched bridge of her nose in frustration, trying to convince him that she is more then confused, angry and surprised at the same time.

"I understand."
Was all Satoru replied as his blue orbs stared into hers sincerely.

"Huh?"
On the other hand, Ryuna couldn't understand such simple response. Was he just admitting his care for her? He understands.. as if.

"I said, I understand. That's why I will do everything I can do to track it down in upcoming days."

Gojo said and put his drink aside with a tint of satisfaction behind those words. How odd.

"That's why you don't have to be so pressed about it, alright? Don't worry. It won't touch us, cause you know.."

Out of nowhere corners of his lips turned upwards into a small smile and his hand patted her hair a few times.