THIRTY ONE | 三 十 一

MEANT TO BE.

"Found you.."

Those words made her shiver all over, not just cause of his hot breath that pressed against her nape, but as if she felt the way he spelled it out. Goosebumps appeared on her skin and she stood there motionlessly.

"H-how."

Woman stuttered as tools she held only a second ago fell on the ground, her hands were stone cold from the shock she endured.

"I don't know.. followed my heart maybe?"

Satoru joked around, his hands still resting on her shoulders. Once again, she didn't have words to express herself. It happened all so fast.

"Gojo, I told you already,"

-"Don't even think about saying such stuff."

He replied and looked up, realizing that she might feel uncomfortable when he holds her like that out of nowhere.

Satoru backed away a bit and took a good look at her expression, she was suffocating, he saw that more than clearly.. but if it's about fear that he might die or something might happen to him than he can reassure her.

"I spoke with Taya, I know about everything.. so please, let's go home."

He smiled and reached out for her, only to get an upset glance that could make him kill.

"My home is here and you should return from where you came from."

She replied, picking up fallen tools and returning back to the statue, giving Satoru cold shoulder. But after all this time, after all of his efforts, he won't back down even if she was trying to get rid of him.

"I understand that you want to protect me, that you want to protect us.. I know it's hard, but please, I swore on myself that I won't let anyone hurt you no matter what. I won't, don't leave me like this again."

When the last word echoed in the half empty room, Ryuna simply scoffed and her head slightly turned to the side, glaring into his blue eyes.

"Why are you being so persistent for God's sake.. we haven't seen each other for 8 years.. 8..!"

She said, she couldn't believe that he still didn't move on. She didn't either, but she was conscious only for several months unlike him. She had it harder.. so why was he the one who kept on pushing so much.