Broken

This is not exactly a mortals meet demigods, but since I am out of inspiration I thought I could at least post something PJO related.

Sorry for taking so much time to post :(

---

Broken

Anger left my body replaced by an enormous wave of pain, it hurt so much, I felt my chest closing up, my heart, breaking, my face wet as I couldn't stop myself from crying. With every step I broke a little more, every hint of hope that it might all be a nightmare, gone. I finally collapsed in my knees next to his almost lifeless body, I left out a loud scream of pain, he was gone, he was gone, he had died and he had taken with him half of me "you can't die, together, remember?" I found myself repeating over and over again "you can't die, if you die I die too" more and more tears blurred my vision, my chest closed, my heart broke even more "don't come with me, live, live until your time comes, promise" his voice was croaked and more of a whisper than anything else "promise" I force myself to find my voice "I promise" he gave me his last smile before completely dying. All the pain I felt until the moment was nothing compared to what I was feeling just then, I wanted to die, I wanted the pain to go away, I wanted for him to be with me, I wanted to be with him but I couldn't. I would die when my time came just as I had promised him but, if I was going to live, I would make sure that everything single monster that crossed path with me ended up in Tartarus. They had taken everything I cared for and I would take their lives, I would take the life of as many monsters I could. And I knew the only way to do this.

Broken II

It's been a year since Annabeth joined the hunt. As a litiuent I couldn't ask for more, she attacked every single monster without hesitation and always won, she fought like a demon and nothing stopped her. What we do in groups of 3 she did alone, there was no way of stopping her, she was not scared of dying, in fact, I suspect she wanted to die. As a friend and someone who loves and cares about Annabeth, I'm scared for her, her face rarely shows any type of emotion, not even on the verge of dying is that she showed emotions, not even fear. Nothing. Her face was oblivious to feelings. She barely talked or ate. She was the perfect soldier, no emotions, no fear, fight like a demon, don't complain, and accomplish her mission in the most effective ways. She built a strong barrier around her, I could no longer recognize the Annabeth I had meet so many years ago. She was gone, she may be still alive but her souls died along with Percy Jackson. No hint of happiness and hope was left in her. She was living only as a promise to Percy Jackson and I'm scared of what could happen to her if she continues living down this path.

Broken III

3 years since Annabeth had joined the hunt, 3 years in which she had been more dead than alive, 3 years in which she had been broken, 3 years in which she had fought the worst of the monsters and lived to tell the story, 3 years in which she served the hunt with the best of her, 3 years since I had lost my little sister and friend, 3 years in which I lived with someone that looked like Annabeth but was nothing like her, 3 years in which she fought every monster without hesitation and like it was the last one she would be fighting and today indeed was the last monster she would ever be fighting. Anger overtook her, she was not thinking clearly but, there was no way to stop her, she went for the monster and easily killed him but, not before it could stab her with poisonous teeth. I later learned that she died killing the same monsters that four years ago had killed Percy Jackson, the love of her life. I should be sad for her death but I'm not. I had lost Annabeth 4 years ago, the Annabeth  I was living with was a broken, dead, and lost version of her. She wanted to die but she wouldn't, she died when her time came, just as she had promised him. Now she was dead and I was happy for her, she would finally be free. She had been living in her own personal hell, her own mind, for the past 4 years and now she was free and soon she would be happy again.